PDA

View Full Version : Copeland Digital Scroll

frostythesnowma
03-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Hello all,

I am about to start commissioning some digital scrolls on some Hiross process coolers.Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this.The circuits are controlled by Poly cool superheat controllers.Each circuit has a hot gas reheat coil and the condensers have centrifugal fans controlled by I-Variex speed controllers.
Cheers any tips would be appreciated.

powell
03-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello all,

I am about to start commissioning some digital scrolls on some Hiross process coolers.Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this.The circuits are controlled by Poly cool superheat controllers.Each circuit has a hot gas reheat coil and the condensers have centrifugal fans controlled by I-Variex speed controllers.
Cheers any tips would be appreciated.
frosty,

Here's a link to a couple of Copeland AE bulletins on their digital controllers. I didn't see any mention of a "Poly Cool" controller though. But, maybe it will be interesting reading for you.

Check out
Section 8, bulletin 8-1328 and
Section 21, bulleten 21-1319.
http://www.hvacrinfo.com/ae_index.htm

frostythesnowma
03-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks very much Powell

Camalla
18-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Hello Frosty,

the poly cool controller is only for the EXV and controls based on the superheat value

the digital compressor is controlled directly from the main equipment controller via a PWM signal that varies its capacity modulation in relation to the cool demand.

The digital controller from Copeland does not seem to be used in this application.

To my knowledge these are pretty new units from Hiross. You are probably better off if you ask their service for some guidelines