PDA

View Full Version : Hussmann freezer/cooler island start-up

coldkeeper1
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Now that I have the equipment is place, next comes start-up. Some techs told me that this self contained equipment is factory tested, so that almost no adjustments are needed. Still, I would like to ask one question. According to the wiring diagram, the only adjustment that needs to be made in order to change this unit from cooler to freezer is turning on a switch which bypasses the "cooler" thermostat, leaving only the "freezer" thermostat on line. This means that the same TXV and compressor work for the entire temperature range: from 3 deg C to -18 deg C. Is that true? I´m used to select both TXVs and compressors according to the application: a/c, medium, low and ultra low temperature. But this equipment seems to work against this rule, unless there is some adjustment to be made at the TXV. Any comments welcomed.

Brian_UK
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I would believe the manufacturers' instructions.

The adjustment of the TXV would be outside the expertise of the normal end user, yourself excluded from this comment. :)

coldkeeper1
02-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Thank you Brian for your reply. I´m going to start up the unit tomorrow morning and see what happens with the factory superheat setting. I´ll keep you informed.