PDA

View Full Version : Copeland Scrolls going to earth

Latte
01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Evening all,

Dont have specifics so bare with me but has anyone else had problems with NEW copeland scrolls going to earth. One of my collegues has fitted 2 in the last week and both have gone down, going straight to earth after a couple of days. System has all the usual protection devises, pressure switches, overloads, timers set a 2 mins, system clean so genuinely think its a fault with the compressors.

Anyone else had a problem.

Regards

Fatboy

Update:- The engineer has just texted me, the compressor is a ZS56K4E

multisync
01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Have they got phase rotation devices?

Multisync
London

Latte
01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Not as far as i am aware, although i am going to site on monday with another compressor to have a look.
From what i am being told and from memory when i last went there for another job its a fairly basic condensing unit feeding 2 remote multidecks that are individually conttrolled hence the timer. What is youre thinking, they are running the wrong way or phase device running it the wrong way

Regards

Fatboy

powell
02-08-2008, 02:44 PM
rdocwra,

Here's a link to Copelands AE bulletins. Check out Section 4, bulletin 4-1299. There's good information here that might help you out.

http://www.hvacrinfo.com/ae_index.htm

nike123
04-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi, Rdocwra

Does these compressors are part of newly installed system, or they are installed after original compressors are burned-out?

Nik BG
06-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi, Rdocwra
I guess this compressor works on 380V! One reason this problem could appear is working long time on low voltage. That happened to me couple of times. Normaly on the machines i install a phase control/low voltage device to protect compressors

Tiesse
12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Regarding the going the wrong way idea, you would know if they were as they don't pump correctly & they make a terrible 'bag of bolts' type of noise!

Trust me, once heard, never forgotten!

jure
19-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Did anyone check the amps after the change out