PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Fault Code 42VQV080

smokemare
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I'm having trouble solving a fault code for an Israel built Carrier 42VQV080 cassette. It's one of the larger cassettes mounted low level.

The orange light flashes once, then the green light flashes four times. I've trawled the carrier documentation loca

Brian_UK
01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
It could be an outdoor coil sensor.

Try here and select any of the cassette models...

http://www.uk.carrier.com/sitemap.htm

The fault codes appear to be the same whichever model it is.

smokemare
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
If that is the case - can it be fixed easily? It is expensive? A customer wants some air conditioners moved from one office to another, I can't pump this one down though as this area comes up before the compressor kicks in. Obviously I don't want to remove it from one office until I'm 110% sure it's working properly.

I can't seem to find the code for one orange four green flashes, HELP ! :(

Brian_UK
04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Can you not manually operate the compressor to pump the system down?

If all else fails try contacting Carrier.

smokemare
05-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Hmmm, possibly - but the if it's unfixable then I don't know if the contract to remove it will still stand.

BritCit_Juve
06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
This is error 14 "loss of signal from CDU" ie a communications error between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit. Check the outdoor units boards and have a look for a break in the comms cable.
Brit

smokemare
07-08-2008, 09:10 AM
This is error 14 "loss of signal from CDU" ie a communications error between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit. Check the outdoor units boards and have a look for a break in the comms cable.
Brit

That's brilliant! Thanks, you're a SUPERSTAR!