PDA

View Full Version : LG parts

paul_h
01-08-2008, 03:16 AM
I went to a LG split yesterday, found a family of lizards have shorted and burnt out the inverter PCB.
I don't have much on LG except for the fault codes, so I called a local spart parts supplier who deals in all appliance brands.
They told me there's no parts for that model in the country and it would have to be shipped in from Korea, yay!
Then he said the outdoor PCB would only be $120. That's insanely cheap compared to the brands I usually repair, so much so I'm worried after waiting 6 weeks for it to arrive, it might not be an inverter PCB for the outdoor unit.
Anyone know the parts #s and usual costs for LG?
The unit is a LSK244V-3
part number I was quoted was 871A20349A.
Cheers.

Temprite
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
G'day paul

i have noticed that lg has dropped there spare parts pricing heaps in the last few years.

compressors are dirt cheap too

Replaced an indoor board on one recently they supply you with a heap of resistors and depending on the model you install a selected resistor into the board.

LG parts are definitely the cheapest.

That part number sounds like an LG one to me.

hendrag
08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
i guess from your question that you are not in the Uk but in aussie or the US.

if you are having trouble getting help with LG contact me and i will try to put you in contact with my collegues in your area

regards

Hendrag

general manager LG aircon UK

paul_h
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
i guess from your question that you are not in the Uk but in aussie or the US.

if you are having trouble getting help with LG contact me and i will try to put you in contact with my collegues in your area

regards

Hendrag

general manager LG aircon UK
Yeah, I'm in australia.
LG won't talk to me* but I can get parts through a 3rd party retailer that deals in spare parts for most brands.
That's why I want to make sure they got the right parts, I've never used this retailer before, so I don't know how good their parts interpreters were.
I guess I was nervous because of the cheap price for a complete inverter PCB, seemed too cheap. :eek:

* Literally won't talk to me. I had someone phone me to see if I was interested in doing a warranty repair. Apparently it was too busy/too far away for the regular LG service centre. LG told them to find someone willing and they would pay the repairer.
Well I called them, but gave up after being on hold for 20min and they never answered my emails. :)
If you have anyway of getting local contact info for me, I might be interested in repairing them.
I used to work for a fujitsu and panasonic service center, so I know my way around electronics and fault diagnosis. As well as being expected to repair any other brand they didn't give me manuals for, eg mitsubishi, daikin and most chinese units.

Ross
16-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi Paul,

I have just returned from annual leave and seen your question. I have checked the system & yes the part # for the outdoor PCB is 6871A20349A. The system is showing them in stock. Alternatively you can order the complete outdoor control box assembly which is part # 4995A20346A. These are also available, although if out of warranty the cost will be higher.

If you do not have a spare parts account with LG, then you can order LG spare parts through Statewide Spares in Melbourne. Sorry I don't have their number as I am at home but if you do require it please contact us in Technical Support on 1800 687 544.

Cheers

Ross
LG Technical Support Australia

paul_h
23-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah I ended up getting the complete control box assembly, as the 3rd party parts retailer I went through said that's the only way they could get them.
Funny how you had stock of the PCB showing in your system.
Oh well no harm done, it was only $30 more for the complete assembly, and it saved time changing the whole lot anyway instead of taking it all apart and reassembling on site. So no price difference in the end for the customer as labour ended up cheaper.
Cheers.