PDA

View Full Version : Slx Mt

willis123
29-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm hearing rumours TK are having major problems on SLX MT field trial units in Scotland with compressors blowing up etc - is this just gossip are does anybody know more???

jaguar
30-07-2008, 04:37 PM
There is absolutely no truth in this whatsoever and the unit has had no compressor issues.

clivemtk
31-07-2008, 08:11 PM
tread carefully seams like a hot spot

Braddock
04-08-2008, 06:24 AM
I would not be surprised if something is wrong with the compressors. When I shop bought our first spectrum units 3 years ago. The circuit boards/shunts were going bad. The solder would get hot. We knew from the beginning that the shunts would get 100F hot plus when running. TK had an campaign to use AWG wire and join both shunts togeter. But they still melted. We threatened to sue. And TK gave up 50 plus circuit boards. All whick are not updated.

Braddock
04-08-2008, 06:24 AM
I would not be surprised if something is wrong with the compressors. When I shop bought our first spectrum units 3 years ago. The circuit boards/shunts were going bad. The solder would get hot. We knew from the beginning that the shunts would get 100F hot plus when running. TK had an campaign to use AWG wire and join both shunts together. But they still melted. We threatened to sue. And TK gave up 50 plus circuit boards. All which are not updated.

Braddock
04-08-2008, 06:26 AM
I would not be surprised if something is wrong with the compressors. When I shop bought our first spectrum units 3 years ago. The circuit boards/shunts were going bad. The solder would get hot. We knew from the beginning that the shunts would get 100F hot plus when running. TK had an campaign to use AWG wire and join both shunts together. But they still melted. We threatened to sue. And TK gave up 50 plus circuit boards. All which were updated.

Reeferjon
04-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Braddock....
Different unit....those issues are not relevent to this unit...besides they were resolved almost a decade ago.......Can you provide documentation that identifies an issue with this complety reworked compressor?

Braddock
24-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Woops wrong post. Sorry guys.

abbsnowman
25-04-2009, 05:19 AM
I would not be surprised if something is wrong with the compressors. When I shop bought our first spectrum units 3 years ago. The circuit boards/shunts were going bad. The solder would get hot. We knew from the beginning that the shunts would get 100F hot plus when running. TK had an campaign to use AWG wire and join both shunts together. But they still melted. We threatened to sue. And TK gave up 50 plus circuit boards. All which were updated.

Wow your one nasty dude hey? Good for you for sticking up for yourself!
We fix these boards all the time too.