PDA

View Full Version : Best 250kw water chiller

multisync
29-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I know 'best' is subjective but we have been asked to quote for a replacement and they would like the 'best'

Boss rather fancies Hitachi

Multisync
London

stuartwking
29-07-2008, 08:13 PM
How about a Airedale turbocore chiller?

There smaller, quieter,more efficient and cheaper to run.

What price do you put on 'best'.

NoNickName
29-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Yet to be invented

Plank!
29-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Star Turbocor "indigo" chiller.
Quiet, reliable, efficient.

multisync
29-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Yet to be invented

At every point in history there is a 'best' of anything

Multisync
london

multisync
29-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Star Turbocor "indigo" chiller.
Quiet, reliable, efficient.

Ok so I now know you work for the good Dr..

However the Turbocor compressor has had some rather mixed reviews..

Multisync
London

Monty
14-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I know 'best' is subjective but we have been asked to quote for a replacement and they would like the 'best'

Boss rather fancies Hitachi

Multisync
London

I don't like to brag especially as it's my first post but we have the best Turbocor chiller in the market place. Most manufacturers are still struggling to fully integrate the compressor controller and as a result can't run below 50%. Worse still some can only control at 50,75 and 100% steps.

Also a lot of manufactures are using them with DX systems and you don't get the advantage of floating the head pressure as you do with a flooded system.

Have a look at the CPD in Julys copy of the CIBSE Journal.

If you can't find a copy PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy.

Cheers

Monty

Pooones
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM
The Airedale Turbocor based chiller will modulate down to around 20% of a single compressor and has vairable head pressure control and is fully modulating, we have just installed one this week on site

Monty
08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
The Airedale Turbocor based chiller will modulate down to around 20% of a single compressor and has vairable head pressure control and is fully modulating, we have just installed one this week on site

Looks like they are catching up, I know some of the early ones didn't as we are looking at retrofitting our controls to some existing Airdale and Star chillers.

How many compressors? And is it a flooded evaporator? I'd be interested to know how they get on starting compressors while one is running. Something we had problems with.

Also we've moved on a step, we're now using LPA (Liquid Pressure Amplification) to provide free cooling at low ambient.

Next step is an adiabatic condenser

Monty

Pooones
08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I believe all of the Airedale based Turbos are fully modulating with two compressors on a single or dual circuit.

When we were looking at the turbocor they also offered us fully freecooling version like their other freecoolers

im not sure how they start them but there is alot going on