PDA

View Full Version : Locking controls on Mitsubishi HI units

johno12345
29-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi,

At work, we have a number of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ducted air conditionin units. We have a problem where the ladies of the office turn them up to 30c and then the men turn them down to 18c, they do this all day long which surely cant be doing them any good.

We have a Lennox unit which has a little dip switch on it that allows us to lock the controls so that they can only alter the temperature by 3 set points and it reverts to its original set point.

Does anyone know of a way to do it with the mitsubishi units?

Thanks

stuartwking
29-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi Johno,
You can lock off the control by pressing a couple of buttons on the controller.
Sadly i dont no the buttons off by hand. I found out by calling mitsi heavy ind and asking for the tech support who told me over the phone.

BritCit_Juve
29-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Johno
It depends on the model of the unit.
If the unit is R22 or R407c then set the temperature then press the set button in for a few seconds.
To then remove the lock turn the unit off before pressing the set button for a couple of seconds.

If however the unit is late R407C or R410A its a bit more tricky.
You can disable the temperature switches on the remote as follows
Turn unit off
Press the set and mode buttons together for 4 seconds
press the set button twice
scroll down to temp sw using up/down keys above check button
press set
select invalid using up/down keys above check button
press set
press on/off switch when set complete is displayed

Alternatively you can limit the temperature range by setting the hi limit, low limit and display update functions.
high/ low limit are set as follows
turn unit off
press set and mode buttons for 4 seconds
press up/down keys above check button and select high limit or low limit set and press set button
select the high limit temperature (heating) or low limit temperature using temperature buttons then press set
press the on/off button
Note the high limit is only used in heating and the low limit in cooling or both in auto.
The user can still set the temperature on the remote to the "current" limits but the unit will stop at the new limits.
You can however change that by going to the 'change display' setting in the functions menu as detailed above in the "temp s/w" method.

I hope this helps
Brit

Brian_UK
29-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for that Brit, always useful to know these things.

Somehow though, it's so much easier to do it than to write it down ;)

BritCit_Juve
30-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks Brian you say the nicest things lol.
It just sad that I knew enough TO write it
Brit

johno12345
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info, I will be trying this at the weekend.

I will rest cool in the coming weeks :)