PDA

View Full Version : 30 gx screw chiller

moideen
27-07-2008, 05:40 PM
hi all

we have 30 gx screw chillers.recetnly rewinded one compressor.again compressor damaged due to the reverse rotation.how do check the rotation befor starting the compressor?can anybody help

chemi-cool
27-07-2008, 06:09 PM
To connect the right way, mark the wires you disconnect, whoever replace the winding, must do it the way it was.

They do check them before they return them to you, don't they?

ptsac
27-07-2008, 07:38 PM
The rewind company must tell you the direction of rotation that they have wound the stator for. You then need to contact Carrier technical to make sure of the correct rotation for this compressor. The next thing you need is to purchase a phase rotation meter and ensure that the starter wiring is correct all the way through before connecting to the motor. I assume that there are other compressors of the same model running at this site. You could certainly reference the rotation of these with your new phase rotation meter.

absrbrtek
28-07-2008, 06:35 AM
On the O6N compressors they temporaraly put a RRS switch on the discharge line in seiries with the HP switch for replacement comp start up.. If its running backwards, it will shut off before the screws crash into the walls.

See page 56, item 19 about reverse rotation switch: http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/30g,h-8t.pdf

moideen
28-07-2008, 07:44 AM
On the O6N compressors they temporaraly put a RRS switch on the discharge line in seiries with the HP switch for replacement comp start up.. If its running backwards, it will shut off before the screws crash into the walls.

See page 56, item 19 about reverse rotation switch: http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/30g,h-8t.pdf
thanks to chemicool,ptsac,assrbrtek for replay.assrbrtek, i read the manual which you send.but i want to know more about RRS switch.when compressor working backwards,what is happening on discharge line.

moideen
28-07-2008, 08:50 PM
06n compressor does not tolerate revers rotation.i think,if compressor starting reverse rotation compressor will be damaged within seconds.on this condition,how does work RRS switch?i want to know the character of RRS switch.

absrbrtek
29-07-2008, 12:41 AM
It is a low pressure switch, I do not know its settings. However, as there is no counterthust bearings, it will stop the compressor before the screws pull themselves into the wall. I just know that all new replacement screws require one to be installed temporarily in order to stop the screw from destroying the screw if its running backwards.
06n compressor does not tolerate revers rotation.i think,if compressor starting reverse rotation compressor will be damaged within seconds.on this condition,how does work RRS switch?i want to know the character of RRS switch.