PDA

View Full Version : Thermodynamic analysis of an R744-R717 cascade refrigeration system

MortenE
26-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey
Rumors says that there is an article in "International journal of refrigeration" this month about the subject.

It is possible that some in this forum will scan it and send it to me ? Normally I will ready in the university's library but I am traveling in the moment.

Best regards from the sunny Fresno, Ca.
-Morten

DaS Energy
27-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Hello Morten E.

Dont if it's of any help but Nasa has Champagne heat pump for license which has a big temperature drop at its lower end.

I found it by Google Search. Champagne heat pump.

Cheers

Peter.

NoNickName
27-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I would be willing to help you. What issue no.?

MortenE
28-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I would be willing to help you. What issue no.?

Thermodynamic analysis of an R744-R717 cascade refrigeration system.
Thanks, It is 2008, vol. 31 pp. 45-54 (10 pages)

NoNickName
28-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Send me a PM with your email address.

US Iceman
28-07-2008, 03:06 PM
NoNickName,

Can you upload the file and provide a link to it please? That will save you the aggrevation of handling all of the requests for copies.

I know I would like to read this also.

Thanks.

NoNickName
28-07-2008, 03:41 PM
US Iceman, the material is copyrighted. I don't think I can publish a public download link on this forum.

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 04:23 PM
NoNickName,

Can you ...Thanks.

What could possibly be new about this?

US Iceman, the material is copyrighted. I don't think I can publish a public download link on this forum.

Does sending it by mail makes it less illegal there? Beautiful country! ... in ALL aspects!

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 04:37 PM
... oh and by the way, the article came out in january and the good student waited until vacations to read it?

I say let him rest and enjoy his vacations!

NoNickName
28-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Does sending it by mail makes it less illegal there? Beautiful country! ... in ALL aspects!

No, it doesn't, but doing so it doesn't involve the forum owner and admin.

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 05:01 PM
And so that Big Brother doesn’t resent me and shows a little grin, the article considers several parameters to do COP regressions on a R744-R717 cascade system.

After saying really basic stuff to fill in, their only decent (and not necessarily right conclusion) is that an ethanol refrigerant first stage would have been better than R717 and this is better than R404a.

The only problem they forgot is a little thing like building the system an checking their conclusions.
By the way the other conclusions are not even worth reading, like increasing superheat reduces COP, increase subcooling increases COP, increase condensing decreases COP, increase in isentropic efficiency increases COP.

And the paper … well not even good for toilet use!

US Iceman
28-07-2008, 05:01 PM
... oh and by the way, the article came out in january and the good student waited until vacations to read it?

When would a student have time to do anything else?:( If he is interested in his grades then he's concentrating on the important stuff at the time.

Opinions are a fine thing.... in moderation.

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 05:02 PM
No, it doesn't, but doing so it doesn't involve the forum owner and admin.

Do you really think the paper is good for any other use?

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 05:03 PM
When would a student have time to do anything else?:( If he is interested in his grades then he's concentrating on the important stuff at the time.

Opinions are a fine thing.... in moderation.

At least wait for his 16th post before you are willing to do something illegal for him!

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh and don't forget he'll read it the first day in the library!

Good healty activity for a first day of class!

NoNickName
28-07-2008, 06:29 PM
GXMPLX: what may be of no use to you, it is most probably useful to others.

And most of the time I don't get the point of your posts, so please, don't push me to plonk you.

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 06:37 PM
GXMPLX: what may be of no use to you, it is most probably useful to others.

And most of the time I don't get the point of your posts, so please, don't push me to plonk you.

OK!

Did you read the article in question?

What do you think of the article?

NoNickName
28-07-2008, 06:48 PM
No, I didn't read the article. So what?

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 07:20 PM
No, I didn't read the article. So what?

So nothing! You may plunk me then!

US Iceman
28-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Usally when someone asks for help on this forum the moderators or other members who have something to offer do so at no risk to themselves. On questions of technical matters various sources may be referenced on the net or by posted material.

While the questions posted may sometimes cause others to ask questions in return it usually means they are trying to understand the situation from which the original questions are being asked.

If the reference source is not found suitable by anyone, then they have the privalege of saying so and for the reasons they think.

However, I don't think the value judgements on other persons interests, time available, or other pursuits contributes to meaningful dialog.:(

US Iceman
28-07-2008, 07:28 PM
You may plunk me then!

Being able to disagree is OK. Being uncivil is not!:(

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Being able to disagree is OK. Being uncivil is not!:(

If asking to remain legal is being uncivil by all means you plunk me too please!!! ... or ban indefinitely!

... and I used to think highly of your opinion!

By the way I don't think you read my like 10th post before yours.

US Iceman
28-07-2008, 07:53 PM
By the way I don't think you read my like 10th post before yours.

Yes I did, and it's a valid point. So was NoNickNames about not posting a link to copyrighted material and the potential impact to the site.

Where the discussion starting going downhill was when it took a turn about the students time, using it for toilet paper, etc, etc. I think what is importna there is that someone asked for some information and someone else was willing to help in a very reasonable manner.

The additional comments were not conducive to the situation or original post, that's all. If you think less of me for doing a voluntary job and trying to keep the peace, that's OK too.

GXMPLX
28-07-2008, 08:05 PM
...Where the discussion starting going downhill was when it took a turn about the students time, using it for toilet paper, etc, etc. I think what is importna there is that someone asked for some information and someone else was willing to help in a very reasonable manner.

Again my sense of humor plays against me, I’ve apologized in several ocations and MUST do the same here now.
NOT FOR CONTENT! Only caustic sense of humor.

I still think you (all) are being naive.

I can tell you have never tried magazine paper, I have on several expeditions, and can tell you with all knowledge: It doesn’t absorb water!

WebRam
29-07-2008, 10:25 PM
guys, a lot of things get lost when posting on a forum. humour can easily be one of then as can sarcasm. Sarcasm is also hard to convey on a forum :)

so this is an international forum and we cross many borders and customs. I ask that we all be mindful of this and maybe think a little before posting?

cheers all.