PDA

View Full Version : Fruit cold store design

Josip
26-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi, :)

have some problem and need your help ... advice ... experience good or bad ...

…. we have to design a new cold store for fruits. Half rooms with direct ammonia cooling and another half rooms with indirect water cooling. Our client likes to save some money requesting to install suction pressure regulating valve (to change room temperature) for two coolers in parallel connection (one cold room) …. liquid feeding line also will be common with hand regulating valve (for balancing) for each evaporator …. can we save some money to our client or only get a headache …. <o></o>
<o>

</o> … for indirect water cooling system they also want to install one 3-way water regulating valve for two coolers (one cold room) in parallel connection

…. the same question as above ... can we save some money to our client or only get a headache ….

...anyone had some similar situation ... what to do?
<o></o>

Best regards, Josip :)

chemi-cool
26-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey Josip

I have built a big unit for fruit cold storage some years ago.
Give me the storing temps required, humidity and fruit tonnage per room and I see how I can help.

In short, it was a rack of compressors with flooded evaporators, HG defrost, compressors and condensers controlled by Danfoss AKC 25H and room temp, defrost controlled by individual controllers.

GXMPLX
26-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi, :)
... can we save some money to our client or only get a headache ….

Go for it!

I thing that if you know what you are doing, and I'm sure you do, you cannot get headache's

Having doubts is normal and will make you sit and think!

Best formula for a sucessfull design!

US Iceman
26-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi Josip.

My recommendation is to use one set of valves for each evaporator (water or ammonia).

At low thermal loads the respective valve capacity may not be able to control the flow properly.

Josip
12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi, US Iceman :)

Hi Josip.

My recommendation is to use one set of valves for each evaporator (water or ammonia).

At low thermal loads the respective valve capacity may not be able to control the flow properly.

Thanks, good advice ... we came to the same conclusion, but now we have a new moment...

see this....

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14979

.... hope you'll contribute with some good suggestion;)