PDA

View Full Version : McQuay PSF Flooded screw reset problem

Superheatman
24-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Hi..any McQuay experts out there...am currently involved with a large site that amongst other chillers has several McQuay PSF twin parallel compressor flooded screws.
The PCO controller presents a"Reset evaporater pump hours" for number two compressor...this presents as an alarm for the number two circuit and holds off the compressor....it is possible to reset the hours in the maintenance menu for compressor number ONE but there dosnt appear to be this facility in the maintenance menu for circuit TWO (press info button to change between circuit/compressor menus)...have been playing with the controllers for hours...any of you brains out there come across this or have a ready solution...I would be very grateful.best regards...Superheatman

Grizzly
24-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi..any McQuay experts out there...am currently involved with a large site that amongst other chillers has several McQuay PSF twin parallel compressor flooded screws.
The PCO controller presents a"Reset evaporater pump hours" for number two compressor...this presents as an alarm for the number two circuit and holds off the compressor....it is possible to reset the hours in the maintenance menu for compressor number ONE but there dosnt appear to be this facility in the maintenance menu for circuit TWO (press info button to change between circuit/compressor menus)...have been playing with the controllers for hours...any of you brains out there come across this or have a ready solution...I would be very grateful.best regards...Superheatman

Superheatman.
Hi I will forward a manual to you via email.
AS previously mentioned I can't post anymore.
Take a look at page 29 and on.
Explaining how to enable / test individual circuits ECT.
Cheers Steve.

Grizzly
24-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Superheatman.
For some reason I have had the email I tried to send returned.
"As unable to send."
If you PM me with your email address I will try again!!!!
Steve.

NoNickName
24-07-2008, 10:21 PM
That's a known bug of the Carel software of that application. There's no easy workaround. The bug consists of an hour counter enabled for a underlying non-existing hardware. For this reason, the hour counter mask, which is correctly disabled for pump n.2, is not visible and therefore the hour counter can't be reset.
The only workaround is to swap the pco address card between master and slave, mimicking n.1 as n.2 and vice versa. Quickly access maintenance menu, reset hour counter, switch off everything and swap back the address boards.

Superheatman
25-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Thanks very much to Grizzly and NoNickName for their replies...I will action as recommended....cheers again....John

W.Miller
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Is this imformation still availible, I could do with it myself.

Soma
19-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi,
I'd like to ask manufacture codes for McQuay screw chiller, if you don't mind (for Control Panel Microtech II
c plus)
Best regards