PDA

View Full Version : Bar refrigeration system

The captain
23-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Hello guys

Having a bit of trouble with R22 Refrigeration system, including 3 bottle coolers and 3 flooded draught beer temprite coolers. One of the bottle coolers continues to leak from the same location on the evaporator coil inlet end plate. The leak is caused by excessive frosting from the TXV that suggests a blockage or shortage of gas in the system. I have replaced the TXV and orifice and checked the liquid line sight glass is full. I am still getting the same problem with the TXV not feeding the coil correctly causing frost up to create leaks on the coil end plate. The other two bottle coolers TXV seem to control correctly feeding the evaporator coils.

The T\stat is a danfoss mechanical type recommended for a bottle cooler. The sensor capillary is mounted through the coil fins sensing coil temp. This t/stat controls a liquid line solenoid.

Bones74
23-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Hello guys

Having a bit of trouble with R22 Refrigeration system, including 3 bottle coolers and 3 flooded draught beer temprite coolers. One of the bottle coolers continues to leak from the same location on the evaporator coil inlet end plate. The leak is caused by excessive frosting from the TXV that suggests a blockage or shortage of gas in the system. I have replaced the TXV and orifice and checked the liquid line sight glass is full. I am still getting the same problem with the TXV not feeding the coil correctly causing frost up to create leaks on the coil end plate. The other two bottle coolers TXV seem to control correctly feeding the evaporator coils.

The T\stat is a danfoss mechanical type recommended for a bottle cooler. The sensor capillary is mounted through the coil fins sensing coil temp. This t/stat controls a liquid line solenoid.

Hello
I would have to say that frost is not the reason for your leaks. That doesn't make any sense. Lemons, etc in a back bar cooler does. They are acidic and will eat away at the copper. Couple of questions? Has the comp been changed before? has the unit over heated badly? It sounds like you have a evaporator that is logged. Feed problems with the right components lead me to believe this without any info to go off of. Just a thought.

1torr
23-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Water leaks?

The captain
30-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Returned to site today to find this!! The two containers are full of lemons the one on the right has sliced lemons.

Could the lemons cause the coil to leak in 6-4 months time. The last evaporator was changed 5 months ago!!

nike123
05-08-2008, 05:04 PM
R
Could the lemons cause the coil to leak in 6-4 months time. The last evaporator was changed 5 months ago!!

Yes, it could. Lemon is acidic and dissolves coper oxide which protect coper from corrosion.