PDA

View Full Version : Cassette fan speed

Roan
23-07-2008, 08:41 AM
hi
was wondering if anybody can help me with this, i recently installed a air nevo ceiling cassette 18000btu. when i started the unit up the A/C unit was making a hellava noise, the fan speed was set on low but it seems like it was on full speed, when i set the unit to high speed the fan went even faster and thus making more noise.
can anyone please tell me if there is a way to slow the fan down a bit ? installing a new fan motor or resistor ....?
please

regards

marc5180
29-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I had this problem a few years back with 2 Haier cassettes that we fitted, when all come to all the fan motor impellor had been made uneven and consequently was vibrating the hell out of the unit, we oredered a new one and this did the same. Eventually a rep from Haier came out and agreed that the impellor was wrong and they sent out a whole new unit, this solved the problem:D

frank
29-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I had this problem a few years back with 2 Haier cassettes that we fitted, when all come to all the fan motor impellor had been made uneven and consequently was vibrating the hell out of the unit, we oredered a new one and this did the same. Eventually a rep from Haier came out and agreed that the impellor was wrong and they sent out a whole new unit, this solved the problem:D
I hope Prince Vaillant is reading this :eek:

marc5180
30-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Why? is he a rep for Haier?

frank
30-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Why? is he a rep for Haier?
No but Vaillant is badged Haier.

marc5180
30-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Ah ok, i know to stay away from Valliant then:D