PDA

View Full Version : Seltec TM16 re-assembly instructions

coldkeeper1
23-07-2008, 07:37 AM
I just got from another tech what seems to be a complete SELTEC TM16 compressor. I´d like to use it as an emergency replacement unit for some of the refrigerated trucks I maintain. The only problem is that it is completely de-assembled: seems like someone was interested in knowing about the internal mechanism, an then left it like that. I´ve trying to assemble it but cannot find the right way to do it: the piston steel balls and moving plates keep falling off from the main driving plate, and do not go into the cylinders. Does anybody has a tip regarding the re-assembly procedure of this unit ?

tran scot
26-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi for the price of a replacement I would just stay clear ! Not worth the time !

coldkeeper1
29-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Thank you for your comments tran scot. Still, it should be quite interesting learning how to assemble it. I´m thinking about using automotiver grease to hold the plates and balls in place while positioning them in the pistons. I can wash away the grease with some pressure applied solvent afterwards.

abbsnowman
30-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Thank you for your comments tran scot. Still, it should be quite interesting learning how to assemble it. I´m thinking about using automotiver grease to hold the plates and balls in place while positioning them in the pistons. I can wash away the grease with some pressure applied solvent afterwards.

Yikes! in a refrigeration compressor?

absolute-zero
30-07-2008, 01:21 PM
;)I agree with Tran -scott and Abbs on this one. For what these swash plate compressors cost, just replace it.

I have taking these apart in the past to see the mechanics, but have had very little success in reassy.

I am sure there is special tooling involved during assy.

I certainly would not reccomend any other lubricant differnt than what is spec'd for in the system.

Do yourself and your customers a favor, leave this one curiosity alone.;)

A-Z