PDA

View Full Version : Samsung AQV09FAN

marvinwright1
22-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm looking to get some air conditioning installed in a new extension we are having built, its a brick built 3.5m x 5.0m and will have some computer equipment in.

I'm interested in the Samsung AQV09FAN unit, I'm finding it quite difficult to locate prices and sellers/installers for these units. Do you know anyone in the Uxbridge, Middlesex area that can supply and install these units ?

Additionally will the 09 model be powerful enough for the room size I have or would the next model up be better suited ?

Thanks in advance.

Marvin

superswill
22-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm looking to get some air conditioning installed in a new extension we are having built, its a brick built 3.5m x 5.0m and will have some computer equipment in.

I'm interested in the Samsung AQV09FAN unit, I'm finding it quite difficult to locate prices and sellers/installers for these units. Do you know anyone in the Uxbridge, Middlesex area that can supply and install these units ?

Additionally will the 09 model be powerful enough for the room size I have or would the next model up be better suited ?

Thanks in advance.

Marvin

climate center

http://www.climatecenter.co.uk/climt/index.html

united refrigeration

http://uriukltd.com/

cool solution ltd

http://www.csd-ltd.net/index.htm

all stock samsung

the 09 seems about right for the room size

p_p
22-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Not sure what the 09 is in samsung kw would of thought 2.5kw, should do the job but personally I would opt for a 3.5kw probably a 12

Regards

PP

superswill
22-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Not sure what the 09 is in samsung kw would of thought 2.5kw, should do the job but personally I would opt for a 3.5kw probably a 12

Regards

PP

09 = 2.6kw (see attached) spot on that man,so yeah on its border line of the room size

marvinwright1
22-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys for the quick replies, United Refridgeration look like they have a branch not too far away, will try and get a quote for supplying and installation of the unit.

Since I am in the building phase of the extension, what should I make sure that is in place neccessary for the engineer to install the unit. I assume I just need to get power to where the external unit will be installed ? Does the internal unit take its power from the external unit ?

Thanks

Marvin.

superswill
22-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys for the quick replies, United Refridgeration look like they have a branch not too far away, will try and get a quote for supplying and installation of the unit.

Since I am in the building phase of the extension, what should I make sure that is in place necessary for the engineer to install the unit. I assume I just need to get power to where the external unit will be installed ? Does the internal unit take its power from the external unit ?

Thanks

Marvin.

depends on the unit there are a few power to indoor inverter wall mounts in the new glass front style about at the min from the domestic market (i have one for myself when i get round to putting it up)

as far as prep goes:

spare way is your diss board (and big enough)

think about pipe run route

how are you going to get rid of condensate (pump or gravity)

positioning of indoor and outdoor (air flow and access)

and above all get plenty of tea in for the lads putting it in

P.S let me know the price and i will see if i can do anything with it my end

marvinwright1
22-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks Paul.

Looking at the Samsung manuals both AQV09 and the AQV12 models say Power To "In" and the higher models say "Out", do I assume this means that I need to get power to the indoor unit and the outdoor unit will be powered off the indoor unit ?

Will let you know when I have a quote.

Many Thanks,

Marvin

p_p
23-07-2008, 04:08 PM
That is correct.

PP

Electrocoolman
24-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Marvin,
Just out of intrest, why have you got your sights set on a Samsung unit? Appearance, price?
If you do a search on this forum, there are a lot of requests for help with Samsung problems....the majority seem to be regarding loss of EEPROM data with power glitches.
Is it only the one room you're looking to aircon?
PM me if you want....I'm up the road (so to speak)

superswill
24-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Marvin,
Just out of intrest, why have you got your sights set on a Samsung unit? Appearance, price?
If you do a search on this forum, there are a lot of requests for help with Samsung problems....the majority seem to be regarding loss of EEPROM data with power glitches.
Is it only the one room you're looking to aircon?
PM me if you want....I'm up the road (so to speak)

in its defence if you search the forum they a number of other systems that are having problems

marvinwright1
25-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi,

Looks is probably the main reason I'm looking at this one. I also saw LG had a nice looking one too. They were the only two that I could find with the appearance that I'm after, although it is quite difficult to find info about AC. I only recently stumbled across this forum :)

Marvin.

marvinwright1
28-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Since I can not send private messages yet I will have to communicae via the thread.

Electrocoolman, as mentioned above, appearance is the main driver for the Samsung, is there something else that I should take a look at that is similar ?

superswill, i'm finding it very difficult to get anything out of United Refrigeration, tried emailing got nothing, called their Acton branch said they'd call me back but nothing yet, I guess a single unit install is lower priority for them. Will try their main sales line tomorrow to see if I get any luck.

Cheers,

Marvin.

superswill
28-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Since I can not send private messages yet I will have to communicae via the thread.

Electrocoolman, as mentioned above, appearance is the main driver for the Samsung, is there something else that I should take a look at that is similar ?

superswill, i'm finding it very difficult to get anything out of United Refrigeration, tried emailing got nothing, called their Acton branch said they'd call me back but nothing yet, I guess a single unit install is lower priority for them. Will try their main sales line tomorrow to see if I get any luck.

Cheers,

Marvin.

if its looks alone your after the samsung kicks a***! or try

http://uk.lge.com/products/category/list/airconditioning_artcool.jhtml

there arnt many LG fans on here but i dont mind them and looks wise there cool

try climate stoke 01782 576311 for the samsung ask to speak to nick or david and say you know me,paul williams iam sure they can help

marvinwright1
28-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks Paul, will give them a call.

Cheers,

Marvin.