PDA

View Full Version : size of brine tank

boy
22-07-2008, 08:00 AM
hi,i'm new member what are the average insulation thickness for brine tank for block ice plant?will somebody give me reference book for ice plant design?help is greatly appreciated.
;)

bruceboldy
25-07-2008, 10:04 PM
My first try at sending some of this file info failed due to size
I will work on it to make it fit
This is data on can sizes, design of tanks, and misc freezing requirements for block design.
I wil keep trying

Iceman I have both the York and Frick info but this is even different then those , it is a 1919 guide book

Bruce

smpsmp45
26-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Dear BruceBoldy,

If you can load those fiels thru Megaupload or similar site, all can see what it is.

Peter_1
26-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Bruceboldy, I'm interested too, Megaupload is the way to go.

cove air
29-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Peter, Allways remember that you can not "overinsulate". Dont be shy....100mm urethane or 150mm styrene will provide good hold but your refrigeration power is far more important. If you can install 200mm styrene then do it....the slower the heat gain/loss the better....Ice plant design really depends a lot on what sort of ice you want to produce.....Drink quality? or chilling concrete (no joke)......but a flooded system will always work well

cove air
29-07-2008, 10:30 AM
BOY.....Ice making is easy......simply the more refrigeration power you have the more ice you will make in less time...e.g. if a 100kw machine makes 3 ton/24hr a 200kw machine will make 6 ton in 24 hr or 3 ton in 12 hr....

Peter_1
29-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Peter, Allways remember that you can not "overinsulate". Dont be shy....100mm urethane or 150mm styrene will provide good hold but your refrigeration power is far more important. If you can install 200mm styrene then do it....the slower the heat gain/loss the better....Ice plant design really depends a lot on what sort of ice you want to produce.....Drink quality? or chilling concrete (no joke)......but a flooded system will always work well

Is this anyhow the proper thread and meant for me?