PDA

View Full Version : Food not freezing when freezer is full

Ryan D
21-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi

I wonder if someone could help please, we have a Zanussi ZUF1056 freezer.

It has recently been poor at freezing food when full, but does seem to get better when there is less food in there.

It is two years old and this has not been an issue before.

The food does freeze from the back of the freezer first.

There is a fan on the inside at the top, which does not appear to work. I am guessing it could be something related to this??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

chemi-cool
21-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Check air distribution.

Seems like your problem there.

Ryan D
21-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Check air distribution.

Seems like your problem there.

Hi is that inside?

The fan appears to have the ability to push air downwards through some vents, when working (which we are unsure it does)

The outside is well ventilated, in fairness more that the recommended amounts in the guide

Thanks

Ryan D
21-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi is that inside?

The fan appears to have the ability to push air downwards through some vents, when working (which we are unsure it does)

The outside is well ventilated, in fairness more that the recommended amounts in the guide

Thanks

To add to this the compressor is running hot to touch (it is a frost free freezer)

chemi-cool
21-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Of course inside:rolleyes:

How do you expect the cold air to absorb the heat from the food if there is no air circulation?

Ryan D
21-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Of course inside:rolleyes:

How do you expect the cold air to absorb the heat from the food if there is no air circulation?

Sorry just wanted to clarify, sorry to appear dim but are you suggesting the lack of activity from the fan could be an issue? When full then food does not exceed say more than 1cm benefit the top of each tray to allow circulcation

chemi-cool
21-07-2008, 07:44 PM
the lack of activity from the fan could be an issue? When full then food does not exceed say more than 1cm benefit the top of each tray to allow circulcation

The answer is in your words.

344martin
21-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Part No. for fan & motor:
2260040130 (N.B. I think this is for fan AND motor, but the web-site only lists it as "ventilator" the price will probably tell you if it's just the fan)
Before you start throwing money at it, establish whether the motor is receiving mains voltage. Fan may stop when you open door, and will only run when compressor is running.

powell
21-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll throw this in the mix of advice.

Check that the condenser is clean.

tonyhavcr
22-07-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm with Powell. ( Ryan D compressor is running hot to touch)
Check that the condenser is clean.
as far as the fan is working or not test it if makes you feel better, some frig stop the fan when the door is open but the fan is fine

PaulZ
22-07-2008, 08:25 AM
When you open the freezer door if there is a small button push that in it will start the fan. If the fan works and the condenser is clean could be an inefficient compressor.
Paul

casstrig
22-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I would add to paulz(who has given the answer in a nutshell)to check also the defrost timer as ice cauld be blocking air circulation.

Peter_1
22-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Defrost timer, fan-delay after defrost not working, fan star temperature not working properly, evaporator probe fallen out the evaporator, button who deactivates fan on the door faulty,
not enough refrigeration capacity for whatever reason (some already given here), ....