PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba VRF

multisync
20-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Anyone got experience of the new Toshiba "super heat recovery multi" VRF?

One of our customers' on site maintenance guy turned off one of the indoor units by mistake and when he turned it back on he reckons it won't run.(I don't know about the other 9 indoor units)

Should it come back on line as normal once power is returned or will the unit/system go into a fault mode?

Help most welcome but a call to Toshiba Monday if no one knows...

Multisync
London

superswill
20-07-2008, 09:57 PM
as far as i know it should come stright back on maybe a 99 code (comms) would show up but should be able to clear

alot would depend on how the indoor power supply is wired for the other systems i guess

Davey 2 Pints
21-07-2008, 03:27 PM
if this system has been fully commissioned and been running for a while with no problems then switching off the power to one indoor unit and powering it back up again later should have no affect on the system and unit in question, if the power has been off to this one unit at the commissioning stage then this one indoor unit would not have an address and therefore would not operate.

a check you can do is turn the yellow rotary dials on the outdoor interface board to 1 4 3, thats switch1 in position 1, sw2 in position 4 and sw3 in position 3, this position allows you to check how many indoor units are connected to the outdoor unit/units, if the number of indoor units displayed does not match up to the actual number of indoor units then thats where the problem is

if that is the case then the indoor unit needs addressing, you can do this by changing the rotary dials again on the outdoor interface board to 2 14 2 and pressing SW15, the unit will be addressed in around 10mins, when this has finished check number of indoor units again to see if the unit has been picked up

all this must be carried out on the master outdoor unit if there are a number of outdoor units modulised together,once complete the usual place to leave the rotary swithes is at 1 1 1

if none of this is relevant then the f/c should generate a fault code on the display when you try to switch it on at the controller

multisync
21-07-2008, 04:36 PM
The system has been running for over a year. I understand that this indoor unit has come back on ok. I guess he didn't leave enough time before calling

Multisync
London