PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone busy???

superswill
18-07-2008, 05:26 PM
as the title says is anyone busy service wise? our install lads are but me being the sole service chap is quite,and as there on large projects iam getting a few weeks at the end of them to run them up,Ive done more PPM's in the last few months than i did last last year!!!!

everyone i speak to round my way (middlands) is quite too

anybody want there van washing? i have my own bucket and sponge

a very bored superswill

Chunk
18-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I`m not that busy.All i`ve done this week is leak test,fixed a couple of water leaks and had my van serviced and repaired again.I got home at 2 today but dont tell anyone;).

I blame the blazing hot summer we were supposed to have.We prepared all winter and got everything cleaned and fully operational and we dont have the heat.Nice.

Its just started raining now.

superswill
18-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I`m not that busy.All i`ve done this week is leak test,fixed a couple of water leaks and had my van serviced and repaired again.I got home at 2 today but dont tell anyone;).

I blame the blazing hot summer we were supposed to have.We prepared all winter and got everything cleaned and fully operational and we dont have the heat.Nice.

Its just started raining now.

same here,had a gas leak last week other than that just doing my hours on PPM's and going home

my van has never been so clean and the lawn!!! well its just earth ive cut it that often

Grizzly
18-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Paul and Chunk.
You are not alone,
Thankfully as I work for a large company it's less scary but it's still worrying. None the less!
Cheers Grizzly

fooboy
18-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Get yer asses across to NZ. Winter here but we are inundated. Mostly service calls from old people that dont understand heat pumps go on defrost so turn them off when they do!

coolhibby1875
19-07-2008, 12:40 PM
sounds like you guys need a job in the supermarkets no time in these places to wash your vans and cut lawns.there is way to much competition out there to work for yourself or some small firm.

Chunk
19-07-2008, 12:56 PM
sounds like you guys need a job in the supermarkets no time in these places to wash your vans and cut lawns.there is way to much competition out there to work for yourself or some small firm.

I do work with supermarkets,but down this way nearly all companies are quiet at the moment.I cant remember the last time it was like this.

p_p
19-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi All
We do fridge & Ac so at the mo we are ok.
Had our record year last year and the best 3 months for the start of 2008/09.
I think the guys who just do fridge or ac are going to struggle these coming months especially ac install guys.
No doubt it will effect us in the near future, just gonna keep paddling the canoe and see what happens.

Good look

p-p

Karl Hofmann
19-07-2008, 04:16 PM
It's deathly quiet here too... Not just ac work but gas work too. Every tradesman I speak to has noticed a major fall off in work... Sparks, chippies, gas men.. Everyone. There are a lot of guys in trouble already..

Assume the crash position folks!!!!! :eek:

chemi-cool
19-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Any one wants to help me?;)

Not a dull moment, loads of work, don't know what you are talking about,

On my waiting list there are : 4 cold storage rooms, 2 16000 L milk tanks to install [ 6 condensing units], 2 40 HP compressors to replace and all the usual every day repairing jobs.

p_p
19-07-2008, 04:55 PM
If we had the same climate here chemi cool as you have over there everyone would be busy here too.

Here in the uk we just get a mish mash of a climate all year round.
Anyone seen the sun lately?

Regards

PP

chemi-cool
19-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't blame it on the weather.....

Africa is hotter but I don't think there is much refrigeration work there.

The system here is different,

Big supermarket chains work with contractors and so is most of the factories.

there are no big maintenance companies and most of the market is owned by small businesses such as myself.

The point is how you build your portfolio of clients, how you look after them, when to get rid of nonprofitable client.

I'm sure thats the amounts of work in the UK is at least 10 times more then here regardless the weather.

Your system is different.

stuartwking
19-07-2008, 09:52 PM
GENTS Get up to Scotland!!!!.
To much work and not enough service guys up here,
Any one want a job?!

frank
19-07-2008, 11:46 PM
GENTS Get up to Scotland!!!!.
To much work and not enough service guys up here,
Any one want a job?!
In Aberdeen????

You've got to be kiddin' :D

stuartwking
20-07-2008, 11:09 AM
And what is wrong with it!!
The weather is great up here! lol

Karl Hofmann
20-07-2008, 11:53 AM
And what is wrong with it!!
The weather is great up here! lol

LOL great weather in Scotland is just above freezing point :D

craigpcg
20-07-2008, 04:42 PM
SCOTLAND is crazy just now. Fosters keep us busy. 900 maintenances to do lol any1 want a job??

Latte
20-07-2008, 09:18 PM
as the title says is anyone busy service wise?

Flat out - Want A Job ;)

Regards

Fatboy

superswill
20-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Flat out - Want A Job ;)

Regards

Fatboy

hey if it doesnt pick up soon i will come and carry your tool box no probs

yinmorrison
20-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Very busy at the moment but can see there being a downturn in workload very soon.So as usual will have to keep the pencil sharp. I lost a job last week for almost exactly 20% and I am very reasonable but believe the other Contractor was quiet so took at loss to keep men employed.

craigpcg
20-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Very busy at the moment but can see there being a downturn in workload very soon.So as usual will have to keep the pencil sharp. I lost a job last week for almost exactly 20% and I am very reasonable but believe the other Contractor was quiet so took at loss to keep men employed.

the last company i worked for did the same. think in the end they lost £30.000 but like you said to keep there man employed.

superswill
29-07-2008, 06:39 PM
anyone want a new service chap then iam bored!!!!!!

Chunk
29-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I think i jinxed myself when i posted i wasnt busy.Since then its been totally manic and i even had to work over the weekend when i wasnt supposed to.:D:D

Blocked drains and gas leaks and a/c units.I`d carry anyones toolbox so i didnt have to get my hoover out for the 100th time this week.

And if i get another call for an a/c unit not working properly i am gonna nut someone.Why do we leave manuals with these people if they dont read them?:confused:

Plank!
29-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Very busy on industrial fridge, far too much service work, not enough guys, anyone want a job?

paul_h
30-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Not much for me to do. Had to cut a few ads due to costs, now I'm only running one (the cheapest local paper), and only advertising in the a/c section, not the refrig section as well even though I'd like to do both.
I'm only getting 3 hrs or so a day on a good day, today only had 1 job and it was cancelled.
So today I repaired my digital thermometer, just got it going then and saved myself $120.
Also tried to find a lower temp bimetal switch as my coffee machine burns my coffee (tried to mount it better with thermal paste but no change :D )
My neighbour gave me his working 38yo frigidaire fridge. I'm going to use it for home brew temp control. Might respray the fridge too. He busted the hinges off before he knew I wanted it, so I had to make new hinge pins up with 1/2" tubing.
So that's all I did today due to the cancelled job.

I've got three jobs tomorrow, and still waiting on fuji parts for another $500 job I hope to do on friday.
But it's quiet enough for me to not bother working at all 2 days during the week, I'd rather lump them all on 3 days and save running around using fuel.

coolhibby1875
01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
there cant be anyone working in the supermarket enviroment quiet just now everyone i speak to just now is flat out

1torr
01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Hello Plank, where are you based?

Nathan Boyle
10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Not alot on over here with my company me and my engineer are averageing on two service calls a day was working in a vivo petrol filling station on friday there , a novum chest freezer was down had a look at it the clixon had stopped the compressor due to the condensor fan being down and that was about the height of it for that day .

Plank!
10-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello Plank, where are you based?
Kent/London tho i work from Norwich down to Brighton

fowlie
10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
were flat out and a bit more cant keep up with service calls last friday i had 47 calls outstanding clocked up another 90hour week keeps the wife happy just.even my apprentice has jacked it cant handle the hours,just need more men

eggs
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
just need more men

or to up your rates:confused: never did understand a busy fool:confused:

eggs

fowlie
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
our rates are better or just as good as everyone elses its just that their isnt the engineers all companies i know are in the same boat where do you stop with the money you pay people.its just down to the industry not training over the years.

coolhibby1875
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
i agree there is just not enough young aprentices coming through with companys that do supermarkets and all aprentices that do there time with companys that dont do supermarkets dont have a clue when thrown in front of a pack especialy in sainsburys at 3 in the morning with 200 foot of chiller sitting at 20 degrees c

multisync
16-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Two laid off on Friday. One girl in the office and an improver.. Looks like this wet miserable August has killed the trade..According to the boss winter is looking bleak and no one is safe..

Multisync
London

phildo
23-08-2008, 10:39 AM
hi foolboy,
my wife going to NZ to study Horticulture, i need advice on NZ A/C and Refrigeration industry.

Any chance ? best regards.
phamilton@aol.com

altz
25-08-2008, 08:11 PM
No not me!!
Does anyone need any help ?
South east England , a/c intalls service work ?

tony--1
27-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Just ticking over up in cumbria.
But ppl keep leaving.
So looking for service engineer

fridgemandan
28-08-2008, 09:18 PM
i work on commercial fridge our company has over 600 outstanding jobs that are having to sub contracted out at a loss to us, £155 arrival fee, those subbies must be loaded

eggs
28-08-2008, 11:30 PM
i work on commercial fridge our company has over 600 outstanding jobs that are having to sub contracted out at a loss to us, £155 arrival fee, those subbies must be loaded

Why not just politely decline the jobs insted of losing money?
If they are contract customers, why take on the contracts if you do not have the man power to fullfill your obligations?

Again i return to my busy fools theory.

Fridgemandan, start looking for another job now, your company is next....!

eggs

mfakazi
11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
hello plank...do You mind to pm me your details still thinking about getting in to industrial...

Jukeboxboothie
15-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi Guys
Not an engineer but a scientist-Heres something to think about. A pupil asked me if you can cover the ugly back of your fridge freezer. I answered no as it needs an air flow, but how much air does it need around it?

Does it need certain temps to operate or can it be safely covered?

Many thanks, a gold star to any answers from 7D.

paul_h
15-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Well I don't know why you picked this thread to post your question. I guess you thought idle refrig techs could be found here :D
The cooler the condenser in a domestic fridge/freezer the better. What the ambient can't cool, the refrigerant has to expend energy in cooling. EG 40C liquid going into a -30C evaporator means a certain percentage of the cooling capacity is lost, because some of the refrigerant just boils off to cool the refrigerant, not the evap or the product stored.

Manufacturers are cheapskates, they don't give you any more condenser (ugly bit at the back) than they can get away with using ideal conditions, a blocked or dirty condenser is going to run the fridge/freezer less efficiently as you are wasting work that the refrigerant could use to cool the fridge/freezer down.

old gas bottle
15-10-2008, 06:54 PM
were busy but not over,about how i like it nowdays.;)

tonto33
16-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm very busy at the moment have been for last 5 months or so been trying to find more staff but that impossible, still booking jobs 3 weeks ahead just cant keep up..

SUBCONTRACTOR
18-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Anyone need a hand ? got awful lot of experience..

multisync
18-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Immigration minister Phil Woolas proposes migrant limit

The new immigration minister has suggested that the Government may introduce a cap on the number of migrants coming to Britain.

Is this the answer?

Multisync
London

old gas bottle
20-10-2008, 08:11 AM
naaaaah !! dont think so, the a/c side of the industry has boomed over the last 5 years or so and the bust will be inevitable the same as the rest of the job,seemed to be alot of people working in the trade asswell that came into it for the goldrush,;)

alan 07
20-10-2008, 07:35 PM
we are almost 12 months behind in maintenance visits and now boss has taken on all ac and chillers in a local hospital over 300 pieces of kit we need another maintenance engineer and quick

SUBCONTRACTOR
26-10-2008, 11:08 AM
[/SIZE]Is this the answer?

Multisync
London

Is this an answer to my question Sir ? If yes ,then you know nothing about me.

I came here a feww years ago my friend and i am not polish.Second i manage to survive somehow which require skills ,being employee is like always lazing around and asking the boss to increase the wages.

multisync
26-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Is this an answer to my question Sir ? If yes ,then you know nothing about me.

I came here 10 years ago my friend and i am not polish.Second i manage to survive somehow which require skills ,being employee is like always lazing around and asking the boss to increase the wages.

Firstly it wasn't my answer it was a govenment ministers answer. Secondly it was for 'migrants coming to Uk' not exisiting migrants. Thirdly your 'employee' remark is very insulting to those who work very hard in their job

Multisync
London

murphybrent
19-01-2009, 01:22 PM
If you are all that busy in the commercial sector let me know im a subbie ( with standards ) and i could give you a hand cause here in the South West at the moment its very dire cheers

glenn1340
19-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Most of my work is on industrial air compressors, it`s not really been affected yet although sales of new equipment is very slow. We were really hit by the decline in manufacturing, most of the big industrial sites are now retail parks. I `spose that`s where you guys come in.

Glenn

sparkatan
20-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Deathly quiet in Leeds. Was the same all last year

sparkatan
20-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone need any repairs doing up here?

hillbillywillie
22-01-2009, 06:14 AM
here in this part of USA it's too bloody quiet. Below forty hours last week and this. I need hoursssssssssssssssssss

multisync
13-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Going to get worse

http://www.summitskills.org.uk/public/cms/File/Reports/Recession%20report%20key%20issues%20summary%20Feb09.pdf

Predicted job losses 2009

Sector ............................................2008 ......................Best case....................Worst case
Electrical Trades and Installation .........196,810 ..................35,490 ........................82,125
Plumbing .........................................90,424...................... 16,306...................... 37,731
Heating and Ventilation ......................55,645...................... 10,034...................... 23,222
AC and Refrigeration .........................27,821........................ 5,121........................ 11,621

superswill
13-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Going to get worse

http://www.summitskills.org.uk/public/cms/File/Reports/Recession%20report%20key%20issues%20summary%20Feb09.pdf

Predicted job losses 2009

Sector ............................................2008 ......................Best case....................Worst case
Electrical Trades and Installation .........196,810 ..................35,490 ........................82,125
Plumbing .........................................90,424...................... 16,306...................... 37,731
Heating and Ventilation ......................55,645...................... 10,034...................... 23,222
AC and Refrigeration .........................27,821........................ 5,121........................ 11,621

a grim read

coolhibby1875
15-03-2009, 06:50 PM
absoulute rubbish i checked that link out and all the figures are based on assumption and we all no the saying about assume its likely to make a ass out of u and me at the end of the day the fridges and a/c out there dont worry about the credit crunch.so as long as they keep breaking we will always be in a job.
also there are always jobs out there for good fridge guys.

multisync
15-03-2009, 08:01 PM
absoulute rubbish i checked that link out and all the figures are based on assumption and we all no the saying about assume its likely to make a ass out of u and me at the end of the day the fridges and a/c out there dont worry about the credit crunch.so as long as they keep breaking we will always be in a job.

What is in question is how many of the 27k aren't good fridge guys
All forecasts assume. That is a given. It is also a given we are in a huge slump of economic activity. This will impact on all trades and there will be casualties. All trades are suffering, ours will as a result.

if you honestly expect the fridge industry to sail through then you asking a lot. Also if you were in the last recession you would know that when a fridge broke the owner would often leave it off and rely on the remaining ones. Only when it became absolutely necessary did he get it fixed. Then he wouldn't pay and went bankrupt owing thousands. Tesco will be squeezing harder and harder whilst looking for their next victim to take down

You would be a fool to ignore the warnings

marc5180
15-03-2009, 08:04 PM

I agree 100% with this, Multisync is always doom and gloom i think he needs to change for a new job:D

beagle
15-03-2009, 08:20 PM
What is in question is how many of the 27k aren't good fridge guys
All forecasts assume. That is a given. It is also a given we are in a huge slump of economic activity. This will impact on all trades and there will be casualties. All trades are suffering, ours will as a result.

I like to think of it as survival of the fittest. Bad engineers are going to be found out very quickly. Likewise, companies that have been doing a little too much jugglig of their figures are probably going to come into trouble. On one hand it's going to make it harder for everyone, on the other it could very well 'trim the fat'. That is of course as long as we don't sink into a full on depression, if that happens we're all going to be in the smelly brown stuff.

By the by, I'm now working for my fourth company in two years due to cutbacks, having previously only worked for two employers in ten years, my CV is starting to read like a who's who of cowboys, won't be sad to see any of them go under :(

coolhibby1875
15-03-2009, 09:02 PM
i think we are over the worst of the slump yes there will be companies come and go but my point is if you are 1 of the good engineers out of the 27km then you need not worry.Any way i would love to know where the people that got that surrvey done got there figures as a surrvey i saw recently said there was only 13k people employed in the refrigeration a/c sector

multisync
19-03-2009, 08:22 PM
i think we are over the worst of the slump yes there will be companies come and go but my point is if you are 1 of the good engineers out of the 27km then you need not worry.Any way i would love to know where the people that got that surrvey done got there figures as a surrvey i saw recently said there was only 13k people employed in the refrigeration a/c sector

Few obvious things here -

one: why do you feel we are over the worst when all the forecasts are for the recession lasting the rest of the year and the IMF has stated the UK will be the only major economy to remain in recession in 2010.

second: The 13k is the amount of businesses in the trade: (and guess what- you are quoting SUMMITSKILLS;)

http://www.summitskills.org.uk/aboutsector/77

61,000 businesses in the sector:
23,000 electrotechnical
13,000 heating, ventilating, air conditioning & refrigeration
22,000 plumbing
3,000 consultants

Third: if you own a business and you go bankrupt then the engineers are out of work. So engineers (good and bad) end up on the market looking for work, But few are employing due to the recession. This is what happened in the building game last time and history is repeating itself.

I love your optimism -if only life was that easy.

Scramjetman
19-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I think we have to be realistic with this. The IMF are looking at a global economic retreat of 0.5% this year. That's a lot of money and jobs disappearing.

It's also a time when those who are switched on and thinking outside the box can really get up.

I'm working for a company that saw this coming late last year and moved to shed the dead wood and keep a core of good quality guys. They then merged with another company who were servicing a different sector of the market. The result is they are now hiring, on average, a new worker every two weeks and are picking up an enormous amount of work. We have enough now to last us for 18 months without taking on any more.

The word is getting around business that this is happening and as other companies are falling over, their clients just call us and ask if we'll pick up their work. We don't even have to bid for it. Who ever would have thought....? The guys who were working for them phone up and ask for a job and next thing they are back at work unless they are doing really stupid stuff.

But it proves the point. There are ways and means of riding this out. We do have to work smart and look for solutions that are not necessarily considered the norm. That may mean that if we are a business owner, we consider the possibility that even though it is "my business and I'm going to fight to the bitter end", and end up going down with the ship, that the old saying "a live coward is better than a dead lion" applies here. Emotions have to be put aside in survival situations and focus on solutions and keep trying until we jag one.

tonyhavcr
19-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm waiting for the global warming to kick in, they keep saying for the past 15 yrs or so.
ha ha

Karl Hofmann
19-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm waiting for the global warming to kick in, they keep saying for the past 15 yrs or so.
ha ha

Doh!! You have to try to keep up with the times Tony... It is no longer global warming, It is climate change... Reason is some years it is hot and other years it is cold... Kinda like it always has been.

Focus groups for the Chicken Little society have concluded that the term "Global warming" did tend to confuse normal people when they are standing in knee deep snow.

scs1471
24-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Very busy on industrial fridge, far too much service work, not enough guys, anyone want a job?
My wife runs her own engineering recruitment company so for you guys who are lloking for work or people to do the work let me know

scs1471
24-03-2009, 05:00 PM
we are almost 12 months behind in maintenance visits and now boss has taken on all ac and chillers in a local hospital over 300 pieces of kit we need another maintenance engineer and quick

Can any of us who are having a quiet time of it be of any help?

coolhibby1875
25-03-2009, 08:26 PM
in scotland right now Honeywell,TRS,and WR are all looking for good engineers right now so if anyone is looking for a change of scenery move to scotland there are plenty of jobs/hours to be had also the the water is better too!

jelectric
26-03-2009, 06:10 AM
very slow in the usa:confused:

jelectric
26-03-2009, 06:11 AM
:off topic::confused::(:o

p_p
26-03-2009, 02:48 PM
in scotland right now Honeywell,TRS,and WR are all looking for good engineers right now so if anyone is looking for a change of scenery move to scotland there are plenty of jobs/hours to be had also the the water is better too!

I presume when you said water, you mean 'rain water' and what about the language barrier ( lol )

Don't work too hard

PP

multisync
28-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Ben Hall26 Mar 2009
Leading building services specialist Haden Young is looking to make job cuts in the UK as the mechanical and electrical engineering sector continues to be hit hard by the downturn.

A spokesman for the Balfour Beatty owned company said: “We can confirm that Haden Young has consulted a number of employees regarding possible redundancies in the UK.

“Where possible the company is seeking to find alternative positions within Balfour Beatty.

"Consultations are underway with our employees and representatives. Until this process is complete we cannot make further comment.”

Haden Young is one of the UK's most respected building services firms and was established in 1816. It is a member of the HVCA, ECA and APHC and had a turnover of £289million in 2007.

http://www.hvnplus.co.uk/page.cfm/action=Archive/ArchiveID=2/EntryID=1282

eggs
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't know if this is light at the end of the tunnel for some but.....

The wife works for a large civil engineering company, before Christmas, everyone in the offices was asked to volunteer to go on a 4 day week and take 1 days per week unpaid leave. In addition to this they also took a 10% pay cut on the remaining 4 working days.

The lads on site, agents, drivers and engineers etc were sent home on half basic pay.

This week they all got a letter thanking them for their help, telling them to go back to work full time, full pay with overtime and bonuses back on. They are also recruiting more employees.

So, if the civil engineers are getting back on song, next the builders, then it's M&E. Hold tight guys, keep your heads down, things are on the up.

Cheers

Eggs

richardb14
13-04-2009, 08:31 PM
have saw no downturn in trade whatsoever, we have been working weekends and nights just to keep up, we also worked right through Christmas to install 10x cassettes, we managed it in 5 days, all in tray and with copper drains.

I left my c.v on monster a few months back and I'm inundated with job offers, I really cannot understand where all these so called redundancies are happening. I have heard that spec heat paid off a few guys but lets cut to the chase here, I have to agree with coolhibby - it gives the companies an opportunity to get rid of the dead wood, good engineers will always be in demand.

some of the salaries on offer at the moment are laughable, most are offering between 22k and 26k, I was earning more than that in 2000. most of the guys I work beside are clearing 30k basic, so why would anyone move for a drop in wages?

the answer is simple: monkeys will work for peanuts

slingblade
14-04-2009, 12:21 AM
have saw no downturn in trade whatsoever, we have been working weekends and nights just to keep up, we also worked right through Christmas to install 10x cassettes, we managed it in 5 days, all in tray and with copper drains.

I left my c.v on monster a few months back and I'm inundated with job offers, I really cannot understand where all these so called redundancies are happening. I have heard that spec heat paid off a few guys but lets cut to the chase here, I have to agree with coolhibby - it gives the companies an opportunity to get rid of the dead wood, good engineers will always be in demand.

some of the salaries on offer at the moment are laughable, most are offering between 22k and 26k, I was earning more than that in 2000. most of the guys I work beside are clearing 30k basic, so why would anyone move for a drop in wages?

Good point, well made. However not everyone has the luxary of awarding a massive salary to decent engineers given their ability. In this time of global bankruptcy the smaller firm or family buisness, is feeling the pinch and can not depend on the underwriting of a parent company.
The benifits of a smaller company are massive as you are treated like a human being and not a number who follows orders.
I guess time will tell, but there are monkeys out there working for a better future rather than peanuts.;)

slingblade
16-04-2009, 12:57 AM

Added to that, having re read that post. You earnt 26k+ in Scotland in 2000 fitting splits (with tray and drains). Nope , dont get it. Have you ever had ammonia up your nostrils. dont take me wrong but we can all overplay our own status.

richardb14
16-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Added to that, having re read that post. You earnt 26k+ in Scotland in 2000 fitting splits (with tray and drains). Nope , dont get it. Have you ever had ammonia up your nostrils. dont take me wrong but we can all overplay our own status.

I fitted the splits at christmas this year and not in 2000. in 2000 I was working in Aberdeen in the oil industry - doing air conditioning and refrigeration onshore and offshore.

maybe you should take it to PM if you want any more info?

slingblade
18-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I fitted the splits at christmas this year and not in 2000. in 2000 I was working in Aberdeen in the oil industry - doing air conditioning and refrigeration onshore and offshore.

maybe you should take it to PM if you want any more info?

Sorry mate no offence intended, you just dumped inabilaty on anyone who earns less than 25k. which i found offensive. :)

richardb14
18-04-2009, 12:24 AM
That was not my intention, I meant the trade as a whole is undervalued, I feel we all deserve more in relation to other trades

richardb14
18-04-2009, 12:25 AM
why should we work for peanuts?