PDA

View Full Version : Confused Again Soz

sparrow
17-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi to anyone Reading I have a problem with Hitachi Hi Multi, RAS-20FSN I Would appreciate some guidance on the out door unit for a start.
I have a picture that I will attempt to attach if I can, the difficulty I have is simply locating the service port on the suction side? What I thought would be the correct area turned out to have a strange fitting under the cap, completely threw me.:confused: The indoor units are starting to smell? the site think that it smells like urine? do I have to place the out door unit into defrost mode to correct this problem, causing steam?.

sinewave
17-07-2008, 07:58 PM
The service port is the bit sticking out at 90 degrees on tha large pipe with PTFE tape around it!

The smell of Piss is quite normal I've found when switching from Cooling to Heating mode!

For a few minutes anyway!

sparrow
17-07-2008, 08:28 PM
The service port is the bit sticking out at 90 degrees on tha large pipe with PTFE tape around it!

The smell of Piss is quite normal I've found when switching from Cooling to Heating mode!

For a few minutes anyway!
Hi sinewave

Yeah I thought it was here but when I took the cap off it was like looking at a brake pipe end on a car?? and the ptfe started to move round like it was not quite tight enough. How do I get rid of the smell.

Sparrow

Brian_UK
17-07-2008, 10:52 PM
How to get rid of the smell ??

Clean the coils and the drain trays.

superswill
17-07-2008, 10:57 PM
and a smelly jellly for good luck

NoNickName
18-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Have you tried condensate tray tablets?
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13307

sparrow
18-07-2008, 07:48 PM
How to get rid of the smell ??

Clean the coils and the drain trays.

Thanks Brian, The coils are clean and trays free of contaminants, I will have a look @ some of the other options offered.

Thanks for the reply,s boys

Sparrow

willow
18-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Spray the indoor evap coil with anti bacterial surface cleaner. Try Detol multi surface cleaner (the clear one).
Do this with the unit in cooling and the fan in low speed.Tried loads of different cleaners from HRP and other suppliers but found this best.

willow
18-07-2008, 08:43 PM
If its a ceiling cassette the obviously switch the fan off while you spray the coil. Do this a couple of times.

mknight
18-07-2008, 08:46 PM
does your service port have a sherader valve inside? I am guesing not and this is what your finding confussing this is a different kind of valve and you need to turn your gauge lines around so you dont have the sherader valve pusher on the connection to the service valve other wise this connection will leak when you have the line connected!