PDA

View Full Version : How best to measure compressor run time?

RCL
16-07-2008, 07:06 AM
This may well have been covered before, especially with me being a new user, so feel free to point the direction of an old thread.
What I'd like to know is your product recommendation for the best/simplest way to measure compressor run time hours for a commercial walk-in freezer over 2 weeks?
At this stage I'm considering a HOBO state logger connected to a clamp-on current switch or maybe one of those small magnetic field motor on/off recorders.
Any advice from those that have been there before?

Plank!
16-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Am I missing something here?
Surely the easiest/cheapest way is just to fit a simple hours run meter to the contactor.

Electrocoolman
16-07-2008, 12:15 PM
As Plank says use a hours run meter.

A long time ago I made up a box with x2 hour run meters in. One records the 'Total time' the other records 'running time'.

You record the dials at the beginning, and at the end....you do not have to worry about an exact number of hours, days, weeks etc as you have the 'total' hour meter to give you that.

Simple maths then gives you % figure or run time / 24hrs.

Keep it Simple!

GXMPLX
16-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Do as they say but if the compressor has internal overload add a current relay so that if the overload trips you cut the supply to the meter.

star882
20-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Just get an analog clock, set it to 12:00, and connect it in parallel with the compressor (using a voltage converter if needed).

raviperumal
27-07-2008, 05:37 PM
If you use the data logger which measures all parameters then it will be simple as well as fruitfull also.......