PDA

View Full Version : Trainee Air Conditioning Engineer

MJ1
14-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Hello, I am about to apply for a job as a Trainee Air Conditioning/ service Engineer, Although the details say full product training will be provided, It also states " the candidate should hold the safe handling certification" What would this be? I have found a 2 day course, CITB Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate in Brigend, Wales but live in Scotland. Could anyone suggest any where in scotland that does the required course?
Any help or advice regarding the application would be great.
Thanks

GXMPLX
14-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Though I am not the official welcome party, welcome to RE.

You'll see this subject posted several times. Hit the search button and type "refrigerant handling certification"

Like this one:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11175&highlight=certification

GXMPLX
14-07-2008, 09:51 PM
... forgot to mention that some of the adds in this site may be helpful.

superswill
14-07-2008, 09:55 PM
http://www.ior.org.uk/ior_/images/pdf/se/datasheet%20-%20training%20matrix.pdf

try above for training

search this site for many threads on this topic

and most of all good luck

chillin out
14-07-2008, 10:34 PM
If you already have it, why do it again?

There is a place in Glasgow that does it but I can't remember the name it it.

Chillin:):)

MJ1
15-07-2008, 06:21 AM
If you already have it, why do it again?

There is a place in Glasgow that does it but I can't remember the name it it.

Chillin:):)
I don't already have it but the job details state, that candidates should hold it, even though the job is trainee.

MJ1
15-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Will have a look into the links given.
Cheers

pendlesteve
17-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Be careful here. Some refrigerant handling courses are really only assessments which means you must have prior knowledge and experience to answer all the questions plus charge and recover refrigerant from a system. Other courses have extra tuition which I think would be your best bet. Look at the following organisations websites for locations.
IOR
ACRIB
CITB
City & Guilds

Good luck