PDA

View Full Version : Transport Support

abbsnowman
13-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Hello all. I just wanted to take a second to offer any support on truck or trailer refrigeration. I also am very good at a/c. If you want my help or need any info, emil me at mark@futureclimates.ca.
I am sick of the bitterness of some of this site's members. I like to help people but am sick of the ones that have the "me" attitude.
I'm here for ya if you need me but don't look for me to post.
All respect to the admins of RE I apreciate your work.
Abbs

alpha
15-07-2008, 03:18 PM
It's a shame you feel that way and will no longer post Abbs.

Regarding the "me" attitude, if I understand your thoughts correctly, the way I see it I always find it hard to judge how much information to give. For all I know, the information I give to solve a problem could potentially loose a breakdown that puts bread and butter on my table then on the other hand, the help that I were to give could potentially help a competitor 5 minutes down the road. The transport industry in the UK has always been a highly competitive nasty market. I remember it as a kid company's always fighting over work and contracts, engineers from one company helping the competitor for backhanders in return for customers. The Uk market is tough and just giving information away willy nilly to all and sundry I do not see as a good thing. My biggest concerns are potential customers getting information that takes away my bread and butter. It has taken me many years of hard work and sweat to get the understanding I have and to just give it away for free is not what I, nor many others I suspect are here for.

I don't have a problem with giving general guide of things to look for but telling folk how to fix the equipment could actually put many of us out of business perhaps.

I don't expect Abbs to reply but would be interested in the thoughts of others.

SKOOBY
15-07-2008, 10:19 PM
:(Alpha,That is exactly where he is coming from.With an attitude like yours and the information you glean from this forum.I have worked in the transport industry in the uk for thirty plus years and have never refused anyone information and i can call many freinds in the industry here for info no problem.If you do a good job you will not loose customers.But sharing information is what its all about.

alpha
15-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I understand what your saying and know where you are coming from SKOOBY, helping engineers that you know is a good thing and visa versa, perhaps I should of worded my post a little different, my main concern is that on a forum such as this we do no know who we are giving info to, calling a mate and giving him a hand I don't have issues with but in years gone I have heard customers slag of many repair company's including the dealers, then from the repair company's to slag off the next repair and maintenance company to try and gain work in a malicious way, it's then I think why the hell should I help them. When I travel from site to site and see folk face to face I will go out of my way to help, but on Internet forums for the world to see, I'm just cautious. Such information in the wrong hands can be disastrous, but then again saying that it could give us a job to do tomorrow.

From a personal level, I just guess I like to know who I'm talking to, for all I know many of us could have crossed paths and if I know you I have no problem in helping..

Did that help any? probably not, I will grab my coat and close the door behind me.