PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Split Condensor Fan

airconadam
10-07-2008, 09:07 PM
hey fellas was doing one of our new maintenance contract and was asked to look at a wall unit which was so called not working when looking at the indoor unit and checking the air on and off the air off was 13oC and air on around 24/25, iwas told a few days ago this room was freezing! when i checked the condensor the compressor had been changed at some point which i would say was within in 12 months and the unit was running, coils were both ok clean and dirt free, then just as i was about to walk off i realised the condensor fan was running backwards:eek: i made sure by putting a bit of tissue on the front of the condensor and it tried to pull it through when i looked at the board its just a connector then 6 or 7 cables which go onto the board,it also looked as if some one had added a contactor and a capacitor i take it these were the new ones from the comp change but they were just left in the middle of nower jammed between the boards etc just wondering what you fellas think didnt get time to ring daikin but will do when iam back on site

model no is R60F7V1, 1998, R22

thanks alot

adam:D

Andy AC
10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I think you will find that the fan motor needs replacing- we had one fail on first power up of install, same model and era of your one, just ran backwards. I seem to recall that daikin sent a replacement fan motor out, not too many questions asked.

Andy

airconadam
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
ah rite may be the case andy thanks alot for the info will speak to daikin and see what they say thanks

adam

Obi Wan
13-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Hello Adam,

The R60F was a fairly simple unit as far as the internal wiring was concerned. The fan motor as I recall was a conventional 230v ac motor with a start and running windings. I think their may have been high and low speed but I will need to check the wiring diagram. If the capacitor is not wired correctly (i.e. if the power is not going through the capacitor) it is possible for the fan motor to run backwards.
Check the wiring compared to the wiring diagram on the unit, pay special attention to the wire colours on the wiring diagram, sometimes the red wire on the fan motor is actually the neutral.

Let us know what you find.

Obi Wan

marc5180
10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I've had this problem before and found that the out door PCB was burned and for some reason was making the condensor fan run backwards.
Check the board for any signs of damage:D