PDA

View Full Version : industrial ac

bender
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
We have a Carrier 48DJ028-601-ac industrial air conditioner in our blow molding room that can not keep up with the cooling needs. (It used to do much better.) I have cleaned the coils and put new filters. There are no bubbles in the sight glasses.
My question is : The air coming from the vents is about 60-64 degrees and it seems like I should be able to get cooler air. Is that about right?

Thanks,
Brian

frank
09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi Brian, and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Just measuring the air coming off the unit is not really an indication of the units cooling capacity.

A better way would be to take an air 'on' reading and an 'air off' reading. if you have between 6 - 8C deg difference (12 - 16F) (I know it's not an exact conversion from C to F :)) then you could say that the unit is working fairly well. If you have a small difference then you certainly have a problem.

Not necessarily a problem with the kit - you may have increased the room load way above the units capabilities, but at least a problem that need to be investigated.

Come back with the air on, air of temps and then lets see where to go next.

US Iceman
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
How warm is the liquid refrigerant line coming from the condenser to the thermostatic epxnaion valves?