PDA

View Full Version : question on ventilation rate for a/c system

coldkeeper1
09-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Dear friends:
My daily work is mostly related to refrigeration but I´ve been asked to perform the preliminary design of an a/c system to be installed in a 185 square meter money receiving/counting/sorting area such as those existing in some large banking/financial institutions. Heat load due to the automatic counting machines accounts to less than 6 Kw. What I´m more insterested in is in learning about the ventilation requirements for the air handling system: should I estimate ventilation air using minimum per person rates or are we talking about a 100% fresh air system due to possible odor/contaminants? Any comments welcomed.

bruceboldy
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
coldkeeper
I would base the design on 15 percent makeup air that is conditioned thru the air handler.
use a mixed air calculation for your load
A good rootop unit with an economizer section will work well.
100 percent out side is possible for cooling with the economizer section if ambient is ok to use.
Odor control should not be a big issue in the type facility you described.
I would think without knowing the details- 350 to 400 ft2/ton should give a good budget size

Bruceboldy

coldkeeper1
10-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Thank you Bruceboldy for your sound advice. I didn´t think this area qualified as a 100% fresh air application, but wasn´t sure though.

2007eng
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Dear friends:
My daily work is mostly related to refrigeration but I´ve been asked to perform the preliminary design of an a/c system to be installed in a 185 square meter money receiving/counting/sorting area such as those existing in some large banking/financial institutions. Heat load due to the automatic counting machines accounts to less than 6 Kw. What I´m more insterested in is in learning about the ventilation requirements for the air handling system: should I estimate ventilation air using minimum per person rates or are we talking about a 100% fresh air system due to possible odor/contaminants? Any comments welcomed.

Try this http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

coldkeeper1
12-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Good evening 2007eng and thank you very much for your link!!!