PDA

View Full Version : frick slidevalve

ridekc
07-07-2008, 02:19 PM
hi, I have an account with an RXF85E compressor that the slidevalve takes about 30 minutes to fully load up after a shut down. I have not seen this before in other units, and this one has been doing this for a couple of months and getting a little worse as time goes by. The oil pressure drops a little with higher discharge pressures due to higher ambiants, but does not seem to effect this situation. Any help is appreciated.

nh3wizard
07-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Have you checked to see if the solenoid valve is opening? Sounds like it might have some trash or something obstructing it.

Grizzly
07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
hi, I have an account with an RXF85E compressor that the slidevalve takes about 30 minutes to fully load up after a shut down. I have not seen this before in other units, and this one has been doing this for a couple of months and getting a little worse as time goes by. The oil pressure drops a little with higher discharge pressures due to higher ambiants, but does not seem to effect this situation. Any help is appreciated.
Hi ridekc
My first question is when was this compressor last serviced.
IE tired old oil and an old filter my be all that is wrong.
On the other hand NH3 wizard may have a point.
Below is attachments with a maintenance schedule to refer to.
Also lists of possible causes to your dilemma!
Cheers Grizzly:D

Grizzly
07-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi ridekc
My first question is when was this compressor last serviced.
IE tired old oil and an old filter my be all that is wrong.
On the other hand NH3 wizard may have a point.
Below is attachments with a maintenance schedule to refer to.
Also lists of possible causes to your dilemma!
Cheers Grizzly:D

And 1 more that I could not fit onto the post.
Grizzly

No sorry but I have no more allowed upload space!!!!!!

absrbrtek
08-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Either a solenoid valve issue or the glide ring is passing. Due to the op dropping while loading, I would pull the slide assembly and replace the glide ring, check valve etc. The parts are pretty cheap and its an easy project.

How many hours are on the comp?

Mike W
11-07-2008, 11:57 PM
If sounds like oil is not getting to the loading piston. There is sometimes a needle valve the regulates the flow rate of oil to the loading piston, I assume you have already checked this. It very much sounds like the 4 way loading valve is not passing oil through it. I would take the 4 way valve off and bench test it with compressed air to determine if it is working correctly.

mctavara
12-07-2008, 09:56 AM
hi ridekc,

you need to analyze sectionally. as the other guys mentioned, do some inspection (or probable stripping the assy. with kits on hand just incase)in the capacity valve block esp. on the valve seats ang in-line stainers. else you need to check the capacity slide piston. check also your oil cooling if it's on right temp.

is this comp. undergo service / overhauling sometime ago?

nh3wizard
13-07-2008, 02:45 AM

Did you ever find out what your problem was? Or are we ever going to hear back?:mad: Probably not:mad:

ridekc
17-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the delay, lots of stuff going on. I found the frick manual for this unit & has the rxf plus micro controller. I did more inspection, and opened the needle valve alittle, and isresponding better. The valve is getting energized. There is about 8,000 hrs on this machine and will be serviced soon. I will check slide assembly at that time. The unit is staying online and not causing trouble for now. Thanks for the useful info and links. I will use them.

nh3tech
27-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Your slide valve seals need
replacing. Pressure from the discharge side is causing the slide valve to load.
This can be done with out stripping the complete compressor.

Spankyy
12-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Please Grizzly, can you send literature Frick RXF85E compressor? Please.

Thank you

rvt@ono.com