PDA

View Full Version : Samsung AqV12VBCN error code (not light)

regg001
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I have a Samsung AQV12VBCN. It ran fine for the past two months (new installation). Since this morning i'm getting error messages (not light blinking) on the display. I then restart the unit and it runs fine for about an hour, then i get the errors again.

These errors are E1 01 and E2 02 . I searched left - right , top - bottom the forum and everybody is talking about leds giving errors (or signs). I don't have such - on my system it is giving error codes on the display and no one ever reported such issue.

Where can i find definition for these errors ?

AQV12VBCN seems to be a similar box as AQV12VBAN

narkom
07-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi!
Error codes for you.

regg001
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey !!! that was fast. Thanks Narkom this is really helping.

Where did you get these from. I don't have any of that information in the user's manual, nor the installation manual.

Thanks a lot...

narkom
07-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't have any of that information in the user's manual, nor the installation manual.

Thanks a lot...

Dont mention it!

I found it in the third type of manual-"service manual" on http://www.mediafire.com/?wcbezuiyyra. Frankly speaking, I dont have deal with samsung, so I have no imagination what "1 min. Time out Communication" means :D

regg001
07-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Ok thanks for the other file as well - i already had it.

Time out means lost of communication between the ''interior'' unit and the exterior.

It is caused by a loose connector on the interior unit. It is becoming loose because of the water pump some needs to install to get rid of the accumulated condensation.

The pump is vibrating thus causing the connectors to become loose.

regg001
10-12-2009, 03:53 AM
I was looking for something else tonight (couple of months later) and notice i never gave a feedback on that issue.

Well, it turned out that the pump's sensor (the on/off float) was at fault.

I replaced the pump but ended up with the same issue few minutes later. I then decided to remove all the indoor module (the sensor is behind the unit). When i opened the sensor it was filled with dirt preventing the magnet from moving up and down with the water level. It was stock, so the signal to the module was to stop the unit because of drain full (that's the real meaning of E101 and E102)

The way the pump is working with the unit: When the water level is high enought, the pump empty the bucket. While doing this, the pump cuts the communication between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit. Under normal operation, the pump will run about 10 seconds to empty the bucket. Now if the sensor stays on longer (it was stuck), then the communication is cut for too long - so the unit is sending E101 and E202 error saying the communication (the current) has been cut for too long.

It's a derivated way to say ''hey , the tank is full and the pump cannot emptied it, so i'm shutting down until someone empty the bucket''. I ended up replacing the sensor (with the new pump). But it turned out , that if i had clean the sensor - it would had fixed the issue for free. :rolleyes:

Next time , i will clean the sensor in march when i start using the unit back after the winter season.

So if you have the same error codes, take a look at the sensor - maybe it's stuck with dirt and a simple cleanup will do the job.

Good luck and we're closing the issue for good.

ps : of course, you won't get that issue if you have no pump and a simple drain tube.