PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on C-R170H5B compressor

Raadster
06-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I got a old air con that i stripped down and ive looked over the compressor head to toe for info regarding what gas it uses and how much horse power it is but cant find anything on the compressor or on the internet.On the compressor it says the basic info like its 50hz, uses 240v and the model number of C-R170H5B. Now im going to use this compressor to make a autocascade, so i really need to know the displacement. I realise most model numbers show the displacement of the compressor, but thats not always the case, and i think based on the size of the original unit its in the 2hp range so 170ml3 displacement cant be right. The only information i get typing in that model number on google is a pdf file which shows it's price of $2700.Any help is highly appreciated.

Brian_UK
06-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Raadster, if you can give us details of the unit that you stripped down then we might be able to identify that compressor.

Raadster
07-07-2008, 01:58 AM
All I know is that the compressor was removed from a domestic air con that was reverse cycle. The only info I can provide is whats marked on the compressor, which ive listed above. Well it also says made in japan on the compressor if that helps, i left that out since im sure thats kinda irrelavent.

Raadster
08-07-2008, 03:56 AM
The aircon was a sanyo, but on the cover I recovered it didnt say anything else.