PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AOY36RCG3L

mfakazi
05-07-2008, 11:59 PM
hello....
Im wondering if anyone would suggest anything different.I have 2 fuji condensers keeps blowing the fuses on the pcb and tripps the 3ph mcb,I didn't have much time but I did check all the wiring connections and everytime I change the fuse it goes bang straight away so Im going back to replace the pcb's but Im a bit concerned as we all know those boards are expensive what if it goes bang again..3 days before I attended the call they had fire in the building so the fire boys flooded everthing..Then they had sparky to re wire 4 condensersb 2mitsi and 2 fujis,new 6way board,new isolators.I have been told that the sparkx kept changing those fuses as well until he gave up.But the mitsubishi are working fine just the 2 fujis..Im just making sure cos its 6hr round trip I have to get that job completed.

thank you.

mfakazi
06-07-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks mr cool..Yeah Im just thinking i didn't see any rcd,but as this DB is the located outdoor so the sparky provided rcd to comply with 16th edition?.So basically you saying I should move away from that circuit if its RCD protected or get rid of the rcd?

mfakazi
10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Thank you for your responce mr cool,i got it sorted today just replaced both pcb and left it running...there was no rcd but I'll remember to check that in the future..

cheers

ozairman
14-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Have a look at the old pcb's you replaced if you havent thrown them away yet. Near where the fuse on the pcb is, are some varistors marked VA1, VA2 VA3 they are normally dark green disc shaped components that look like capacitors. They will more than likely be black and split meaning they have failed due to the pcb being subjected to an abnormally high voltage. Quite likely that somebody got it wrong when they rewired the units and managed to put a phase onto neutral thus putting three phase onto the control pcb. The Varistors will short out when a surge or three phase voltage is applied to them.

To MRcoolingMagic, AOY36RCG3L units are three phase non inverter old skool recip compressor units.