PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Vivace AQV12VBAN

djordjevic
05-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm new to this forum. I have googled every possible corner of the web and then I found you. I'm having trouble with my Samsung air-con. It's brand-new, well, two weeks old. Since the second day of operation, I had gotten the E5-54 error. I had the repairman in who filled the outer unit with gas, as there appeared to have been a gas leakage. OK, the unit then worked for a few days, then the same problem appeared all over again. I called the repairman and this time he tore the inner unit apart. The guys that installed it obviously had not fitted the gas line screws tight enough and as a result the inner unit was leaking gas as well. To top it off, even the condense-dispensing hose fell off. He mended everything, filled the outer unit with gas once again, measured everything up, and got the air-con up and running again. My girlfriend nad I went to lunch only to find the air-con malfunctioning again. I decided to pull out the circuit breaker and reset the air-con. It then restarted normally and worked for about half an hour when, once again, it stopped. The air that was blowing out of the AC seemed to be cool, so I'm suspecting no gas leakage this time. Oh, yeah, then it presented a new error code - E4-69. The warranty is still intact, so even if there is no way to fix this thing, I shall request a new unit be brought and installed. The thing is, I lost confidence in the machine totally. Can anyone offer any advice on my turmoil? I'd be really glad.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Slovenia, Dejan

leey
06-07-2008, 12:37 AM
hi,your new error code is dc-link voltage sensor error,it looks like a plug on pcb board is loose,check all jack plugs on board,failing that email superswill or as we know him mr.samsung.all the best

djordjevic
06-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Okay, thanks. Will try. Should have gone for Daikin or Coolwex, I suppose now.

superswill
06-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi, guys!

I'm new to this forum. I have googled every possible corner of the web and then I found you. I'm having trouble with my Samsung air-con. It's brand-new, well, two weeks old. Since the second day of operation, I had gotten the E5-54 error. I had the repairman in who filled the outer unit with gas, as there appeared to have been a gas leakage. OK, the unit then worked for a few days, then the same problem appeared all over again. I called the repairman and this time he tore the inner unit apart. The guys that installed it obviously had not fitted the gas line screws tight enough and as a result the inner unit was leaking gas as well. To top it off, even the condense-dispensing hose fell off. He mended everything, filled the outer unit with gas once again, measured everything up, and got the air-con up and running again. My girlfriend nad I went to lunch only to find the air-con malfunctioning again. I decided to pull out the circuit breaker and reset the air-con. It then restarted normally and worked for about half an hour when, once again, it stopped. The air that was blowing out of the AC seemed to be cool, so I'm suspecting no gas leakage this time. Oh, yeah, then it presented a new error code - E4-69. The warranty is still intact, so even if there is no way to fix this thing, I shall request a new unit be brought and installed. The thing is, I lost confidence in the machine totally. Can anyone offer any advice on my turmoil? I'd be really glad.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Slovenia, Dejan

As lee says your new error code will more than likely caused by a lose jack plug on the Outdoor PCB but id check all PCB connections due to the number of times this system has been stripped.

with a view on what Ive highlighted,have you lost confidence with the machine or the INSTALL? is it the units fault you have let down by a poor install? any make,model and size of A/C is only ever as good as its design,install and maintenance

superswill
06-07-2008, 11:17 AM
hi,your new error code is dc-link voltage sensor error,it looks like a plug on pcb board is loose,check all jack plugs on board,failing that email superswill or as we know him mr.samsung.all the best

such kind words (you would never guess your almost ready for me at sheff) :p

djordjevic
06-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Loss of confidence is very relative. :) To be honest, the guys that installed it were obviously total analphabets. At least that is my oppinion since yesterday's overhaul. The repairman truly had to fix multiple issues, fixed every screw, checked it with soap fluid multiple times while measuring the outer unit with a barometer of some sort. It all worked fine. Now the inner unit works for, let's say, 30 minutes at a time, than shuts down and gives me the e5-54 error. I turn it off and turn it on again, since it is truly hot in the apartment and working in such conditions are utter hell. Now I'm thinking what could be wrong for the machine to shut itself off almost by schedule. A failsafe of some kind, perhaps?

superswill
06-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Loss of confidence is very relative. :) To be honest, the guys that installed it were obviously total analphabets. At least that is my oppinion since yesterday's overhaul. The repairman truly had to fix multiple issues, fixed every screw, checked it with soap fluid multiple times while measuring the outer unit with a barometer of some sort. It all worked fine. Now the inner unit works for, let's say, 30 minutes at a time, than shuts down and gives me the e5-54 error. I turn it off and turn it on again, since it is truly hot in the apartment and working in such conditions are utter hell. Now I'm thinking what could be wrong for the machine to shut itself off almost by schedule. A failsafe of some kind, perhaps?

E554 means TOTAL LOSS OF REFRIGERANT ! ! ! ! !

sounds like this will be a really painful experience for you,iam taking you have paid the Muppet's?

djordjevic
06-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Hmm. What did you mean by Muppets? If it is really the case of missing refrigerant, then I am willing to bet there is a more serious issue with the outer unit, since the pipes and the hook-ups have been thoroughly checked. Damnit, I think I am going to have quite a fight with the sales/maintenance department of the seller.

superswill
06-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Hmm. What did you mean by Muppets? If it is really the case of missing refrigerant, then I am willing to bet there is a more serious issue with the outer unit, since the pipes and the hook-ups have been thoroughly checked. Damnit, I think I am going to have quite a fight with the sales/maintenance department of the seller.

muppets (idiots),as in the people who put the system in

djordjevic
06-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh, thanks for the clarification. Muppets were included in the price (substracted aproximately 150 € - a lower fee, 'cause we had a pre-existing installation - condense dispensing tube, electricity feed and a drilled hole for the air-con wiring). Say, in your oppinion, will it be possible to repair my unit or should I outright demand a new unit, perhaps even insist on replacing my current one with a similar model from Daikin (at the cost of the seller, off course - some reparations must be made)?

superswill
06-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh, thanks for the clarification. Muppets were included in the price (substracted aproximately 150 € - a lower fee, 'cause we had a pre-existing installation - condense dispensing tube, electricity feed and a drilled hole for the air-con wiring). Say, in your oppinion, will it be possible to repair my unit or should I outright demand a new unit, perhaps even insist on replacing my current one with a similar model from Daikin (at the cost of the seller, off course - some reparations must be made)?

all depends where the leak is,if its on the pipe work the it can be repaired but if it on a condensing coil,id ask for a replacement unit at no cost to you nor should there be after the initial cost of install for any of these works

djordjevic
06-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for all the info. I shall keep you posted about future developments.

djordjevic
07-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Today I talked to the seller and they said the unit will be replaced as soon as possible. In the meantime I got a call from my mother, who happened to be visiting some relatives in Serbia. They too bought a samsung air-condition, but were - get this - warned by the seller there that the vivace series is seriously faulty and that customers are having troubles with it, so they went with a simpler air-con by samsung and it works just fine. The repairman said to me the other day that some other people have the same e5-54 issue. The air-con cools but shuts down on a regular basis. As I am writing this short piece, the air-con is seroiusly cooling down the place, however, I presume it will shut down in ten minutes or so. So, coupled with the things I already know, I seriously advice against buying this model. I am contemplating asking the seller to swap my vivace for the slightly oricier mont blanc model. At their cost, obviuosly, to compensate for the nerves I lost in these tropic weather. :) As I am writing this, I already had to turn the damn thing on again - yep, you guessed right, e5-54.

djordjevic
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Update. Today I had the repairman in for the third time. He checked the gas connections and added about 300 g of gas, even though it wasn't necessary. However, the unit seems to be fully-functional now. It has been operating since 17h and no breakdowns yet (knocking on wood). Let's hope it lasts this time.

superswill
10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Update. Today I had the repairman in for the third time. He checked the gas connections and added about 300 g of gas, even though it wasn't necessary. However, the unit seems to be fully-functional now. It has been operating since 17h and no breakdowns yet (knocking on wood). Let's hope it lasts this time.

my fingers are crossed for you

zoranb
05-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Bought my AQV12VBAN in May. Has been working fine without a fault ever since.

Until today. Power outage happened in the afternoon. The display started blinking. I unpluged/pluged the unit. No help.

I let the unit "cool down" hoping it will return to normal.

I googled, and found this site. I learned how to enter codes.

I used: 07 C7 70 17 52 60, and the unit reset sucessfully. But the outer unit would not turn on.

I tried: 05 47 77 12 52 1D.

The outer unit still did not start.

I unplugged the unit, and when I plugged it back in the display read E1-85.

Stumped.

Any ideas??? It's Friday. No repairs until Monday... It's HOT!!!

SUBCONTRACTOR
05-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Bought my AQV12VBAN in May. Has been working fine without a fault ever since.

Until today. Power outage happened in the afternoon. The display started blinking. I unpluged/pluged the unit. No help.

I let the unit "cool down" hoping it will return to normal.

I googled, and found this site. I learned how to enter codes.

I used: 07 C7 70 17 52 60, and the unit reset sucessfully. But the outer unit would not turn on.

I tried: 05 47 77 12 52 1D.

The outer unit still did not start.

I unplugged the unit, and when I plugged it back in the display read E1-85.

Stumped.

Any ideas??? It's Friday. No repairs until Monday... It's HOT!!!

The compressor must to be checked it might of damaged a p.c.b. or it is burned out itself.

Electrocoolman
05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Try the code

05 47 77 17 52 1D

zoranb
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
I donwloaded the Service manual and entered the code shown there: 05 47 77 17 52 1D (thanks Electrocoolman!)

Anyway, the outer unit does not come on in any mode. The fan spins, but that't one expensive ventilator...

I can turn on/off the unit with the remote control, but when I unpulg it/plug it in the mains the unit reads E1-85 again.

Interestingly enough, the code doesn't show anywhere in the Service Manual.

My room temp is up to 31°C, and I still have this afternoon and tomorrow to go through...

*sigh* I'm starting NOT liking this unit seriously!

zoranb
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
I just checked the wiring of my indoor/outood unit and there's something strange.

The wire connecting the unit is a 5 lead wire, but only 3 wires are connected:

1 st wire: N1 indoor - N1 outdoor
2nd wire: 1 indoor - 1 outdoor
3rd wire: 2 indoor - 2 outdoor

The other to wires (including the earth) are cut off at both ends and not connected to anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the earth wire be connected to the outdoor unit earth outside and earth connection on the indoor unit?

Now that I think of it, my a/c is connected to the mains to the same socket as my computer speakers, and I found it odd that whenever the outdoor unit switches on, I get interference on my speakers...

Any ideas?

nike123
06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I just checked the wiring of my indoor/outood unit and there's something strange.

The wire connecting the unit is a 5 lead wire, but only 3 wires are connected:

1 st wire: N1 indoor - N1 outdoor
2nd wire: 1 indoor - 1 outdoor
3rd wire: 2 indoor - 2 outdoor

The other to wires (including the earth) are cut off at both ends and not connected to anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the earth wire be connected to the outdoor unit earth outside and earth connection on the indoor unit?

Now that I think of it, my a/c is connected to the mains to the same socket as my computer speakers, and I found it odd that whenever the outdoor unit switches on, I get interference on my speakers...

Any ideas?

Zorane, probaj postavit pitanje ovdje (http://groups.google.com/group/hr.alt.klima-uredjaji/topics?gvc=2)!

Electrocoolman
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Nike,
Is it possible to have a translation for those who do not understand Croatian!

nike123
06-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Nike,
Is it possible to have a translation for those who do not understand Croatian!

Of course, sorry!
I just gave him link to Croatian discussion newsgroup for this thematic! Therefore, I meant that there is no need to translation!;)

CDevel
19-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Hello there all. As previously allready said by other members this seems to be the only forum in the net dealing with this problem. I have recently bought two Samsung A/C one AQV09A and one AQV12A. The AQV09A from the first moment gave me an E4 69 error after 4h of working approximately. Then if you swithc it off and on it works well for another 4-6 hours and then crashes again. The techinian came and changed the board of the outer unit. When he first switched on the A/C gave an E5 56 error but then seemed to work OK. After a couple of days the A/C gave again an E4 69 error. I called them again and they said that they will replace again the outer and the inner board. Unfortunately today the AQV12A A/C gave also the E4 69 error. Any ideas about that will be appreciated. I thought that maybe i have a voltage problem or the installer did something wrong to both units or the Samsung series is faulty! I have called them again and informed them about the fact that now i have two A/C with the E4 69 error and they said that they will fix it. To tell you the truth i do not trust their repair ability so i am asking for second opinions. Thank you in advance and keep up the good work.

stf007
30-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Hello there all. As previously allready said by other members this seems to be the only forum in the net dealing with this problem. I have recently bought two Samsung A/C one AQV09A and one AQV12A. The AQV09A from the first moment gave me an E4 69 error after 4h of working approximately. Then if you swithc it off and on it works well for another 4-6 hours and then crashes again. The techinian came and changed the board of the outer unit. When he first switched on the A/C gave an E5 56 error but then seemed to work OK. After a couple of days the A/C gave again an E4 69 error. I called them again and they said that they will replace again the outer and the inner board. Unfortunately today the AQV12A A/C gave also the E4 69 error. Any ideas about that will be appreciated. I thought that maybe i have a voltage problem or the installer did something wrong to both units or the Samsung series is faulty! I have called them again and informed them about the fact that now i have two A/C with the E4 69 error and they said that they will fix it. To tell you the truth i do not trust their repair ability so i am asking for second opinions. Thank you in advance and keep up the good work.
Damn, I have the same configuration of A/Cs and on the second day the AQV09A gave the same error. I called not two hours ago and Im still waiting for the rapair guys answer. I hope my 12 will not have the same problems as yours, but as soon as my 09 is fixed I'll share my knowledge. Since I live in Bulgaria, maybe our tehnicians have some other methods so you may be getting the desired alternate resolution:)

CDevel
10-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Update from my story!
Well i have managed to claim and get full change of the AQV09A system. So they took it back and they brought me a brand new. I only wish that is not from the same delivery that included the faulty boards. As far as the AQV12A unit i still wait them to replace both boards inner and outer, and will see in near future what we will happen. Too pity that now is quite chilly here and there is no need for A/C to give them a good try...Speak soon Bye

Brian_UK
10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
CDevel, thank you for the update and good luck with the second one.

for
12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone!
I hope that somebody will have solution for my problem.
I have a problem with my LG inverter. It started shutting down after ten minutes work. So, the engineer came and replaced PCB on outdoor unit (the lamp on the indoor unit would blink five times after shutting down, what pointed him to p.c.b.). And now, after three months it started shutting down again, after 5-10 minutes. First replacement cost me 300 euro's, so any advice would be nice...
Thanks!

back2space
13-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi everyone!
I hope that somebody will have solution for my problem.
I have a problem with my LG inverter. It started shutting down after ten minutes work. So, the engineer came and replaced PCB on outdoor unit (the lamp on the indoor unit would blink five times after shutting down, what pointed him to p.c.b.). And now, after three months it started shutting down again, after 5-10 minutes. First replacement cost me 300 euro's, so any advice would be nice...
Thanks!

INdoor unit blinking 5 times is loss of communication between indoor and outdoor unit.

This is something to do with the data cable that sends the signal from the outdoor to indoor unit. Doesnt always indicated PCB fault so your engineer should have checked wiring to indoor/outdoor unit.

My LG system had this problem when first fitted but was resolved by the earth cable being cut off the indoor unit by reccomendation of LG.

for
14-07-2009, 10:11 PM
INdoor unit blinking 5 times is loss of communication between indoor and outdoor unit.

This is something to do with the data cable that sends the signal from the outdoor to indoor unit. Doesnt always indicated PCB fault so your engineer should have checked wiring to indoor/outdoor unit.

My LG system had this problem when first fitted but was resolved by the earth cable being cut off the indoor unit by reccomendation of LG.

Thanks, but it seems that the problem this time is gas.
I hope this will be the end.
Thanks anyway

nike123
14-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks, but it seems that the problem this time is gas.
I hope this will be the end.
Thanks anyway
And, with what method they are found that system is short of gas?
You maybe know (or don't) that first diagnose of inexperienced and ignorant service technician is that system is short of gas when pressures are not as they think they should be.

Only one correct method for that diagnose is recovery of refrigerant and weighing in recovered amount.

for
21-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Problem with Panasonic inverter. Compresor is working, but it gets louder and louder, and in the end it shut's itself down. In the meentime, it doesn't heat. It look's like gas is still there, so what could be the problem??

nike123
21-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Problem with Panasonic inverter. Compresor is working, but it gets louder and louder, and in the end it shut's itself down. In the meentime, it doesn't heat. It look's like gas is still there, so what could be the problem??
What is full model number?
And post this as new thread since this doesn't have anything in common with title of this thread.

MARI
11-06-2010, 08:23 PM
please samsung aqv12vban cod E458?????????????

valininja
11-06-2010, 09:22 PM
please samsung aqv12vban cod E458?????????????

lol, i have the same error code. just posted a new thread about it.
still waiting 4 answers. :confused:

MARI
12-06-2010, 07:06 AM
lol, i have the same error code. just posted a new thread about it.
still waiting 4 answers. :confused:
mangalia????????

meneken
13-06-2010, 07:09 PM
E458 Fan Error

meneken

infidel
21-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I have an AQV09VBAN model for 3 years. From the first month I got an E469 error. I learned to live with it I know I should have called service but here in Greece service is not very good or easy to find) Anyway, the problem occured once every 2 days. Now, it comes with E554. I have called service and told them to check for leaks. I will tell them to check the pcb connections too. Is it possible for a gas leak to appear after 3 years?

nike123
21-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I have an AQV09VBAN model for 3 years. From the first month I got an E469 error. I learned to live with it I know I should have called service but here in Greece service is not very good or easy to find) Anyway, the problem occured once every 2 days. Now, it comes with E554. I have called service and told them to check for leaks. I will tell them to check the pcb connections too. Is it possible for a gas leak to appear after 3 years?

First error could be connected with low power supply voltage.
Second error is low charge, and it is possible that you have small leak on badly done flares and it is now showed after 3 years.

infidel
21-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I have downloaded the service manual and know the error code explanations. I know nothing though of air conditions, that is why I wanted to know if such leak is possible after so long. Let's hope that the problem is just a leak and not something worse like a hardware malfunction. The leak problem appears every 45-60 minutes like clockwork, independent of outside temperature, air condition load ( i have tried turbo mode, silent mode) but does not appear in fan mode (makes sense). Just a note, when the installer installed the air condition, i don't think he purged the system (per manual instructions using a low pressure pump). the pipes are very short (they did not require extra gas) but maybe the lack of purging added to the problem.

infidel
22-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Update: The technician came today to inspect, he told me that he will have take the unit down, inspect for leaks, take the ***** out and weigh it and replace it. He also told me that the water that was dripping from the inside unit (forgot to mention it, dripping started the same day i got the first E554) was due to condensation or something caused by the low amount of *****. Is this correct?

nike123
22-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Update: The technician came today to inspect, he told me that he will have take the unit down, inspect for leaks, take the ***** out and weigh it and replace it. He also told me that the water that was dripping from the inside unit (forgot to mention it, dripping started the same day i got the first E554) was due to condensation or something caused by the low amount of *****. Is this correct?
Sound OK!...........

infidel
23-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Update 2: The technician removed the *****, checked for leaks by examining the pipes for traces of oil, added new charge (900g per manual instructions) The AC has been working for 2 hours, no sign of dripping from the inside unit, the out drain pipe is working and no sign of E469. Hope it lasts...

abil_756
25-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi i am new here how you can help me
i have got some problems with samsung aqv12vban its qive error e1 01

regards

abil

chillerman2006
25-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi i am new here how you can help me
i have got some problems with samsung aqv12vban its qive error e1 01

regards

abil

Hi

welcome

start new thread under air conditioning to get replies

good lucky

chillerman

install monkey
25-09-2011, 04:46 PM
1min. Time out Communication

GPAN79
22-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a samsung vivace aqv12ban a/c and the the external unit is very noisy, not allways but is very annoying.
Is there anyone who know what is happen?
thanks

infidel
14-06-2012, 09:50 PM
2 years later and today i turned on the unit for 2nd time for the summer. Guess what. Error 554. Seems i have to check the gas level again...

infidel
19-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Samsung technician came today. Checked the pressure, it was 100 (psi i guess) and should have been 220-240. He added gas and it seems to be working. Guess I have to leave with gas refill every 2 years...

nike123
12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Or maybe find service engineer who will find leak and fix it.
Saves money and environment.

szmurlo
12-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Samsung VIVACE AQV12VBAN. The inner unit was replaced and I do not know how to enter options codes for my remote controller. The nearest Samsung service is ca 100 km far from me and they said: "wait, we will come soon". I can not wait. Me and my lovely female workers are boiling in our office.
Will anyone help me?
I saw the solutions in this forum but the photos with help have invalid links.
Thank you in advance.

szmurlo
20-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Thank you in advance?

install monkey
20-07-2012, 10:53 PM
szmurlo-check ur e mail

szmurlo
23-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks, IM.

szmurlo
30-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks to Mr Stephen from UK the unit began to work properly. Big thanks!

install monkey
30-07-2012, 06:19 PM
glad to help

Thanks to Mr Stephen from UK the unit began to work properly. Big thanks!