PDA

View Full Version : The State of our Society

yinmorrison
05-07-2008, 01:57 AM
It is apparent that there is something fundamentally wrong with our Society and I just wondered how you all feel about life in general.There are so many ways we can all contribute to making improvements to this seemingly downward spiral and I just wondered if anyone else actually cares! There is more to life than earning a crust and unless we all get to grips with the problem it will only get worse.

GXMPLX
05-07-2008, 03:05 AM
It seems to me you've been listening too much to Jim, Yin! Don't follow that road!

It is apparent that there is something fundamentally wrong with our Society .

True since it was founded some 12000 year ago! ... but it is improoving, no doubt!

and I just wondered how you all feel about life in general.

Good as hell! ... little chilly when you enter a coldroom though.

There are so many ways we can all contribute to making improvements to this seemingly downward spiral and I just wondered if anyone else actually cares!

That's exactly why I post! ... seems you care too.

There is more to life than earning a crust and unless we all get to grips with the problem it will only get worse.

Exactly what I told my wife when she suggested to move ... after I fixed all the house, of course!

Man, you get me!

wambat
05-07-2008, 06:15 AM
The grime reaper had his hand on my sholder 3 times in my life and i'm still here "Lucky" I bless each day I wake up and try to do the best I can. Don't give up hope my friend and do the best you can! :)

kiwireeferman
05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
It is apparent that there is something fundamentally wrong with our Society and I just wondered how you all feel about life in general.There are so many ways we can all contribute to making improvements to this seemingly downward spiral and I just wondered if anyone else actually cares! There is more to life than earning a crust and unless we all get to grips with the problem it will only get worse.

I agree, the world has turned to sh!t. The PC thing is out of control and good old greed is top priority.
Kids no longer have respect for anyone or anything.
Manners are non existent. Cant tell the difference between politicians and con artists.

Integrity and common sense have both died.

Karl Hofmann
05-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Kids do as they wish because there is no incentive not to.

People twist the English language to suit their own needs, which usually means that they wish to be deliberately misleading. Then they get aggressive when you catch them out and call them a liar.

Yes.. The PC brigade all need shooting, as do the Human rights muppets... AND those brain dead Health and safety numpties... If you really need a huge sign, guards, safety switches, warning buzzers and a secong guy standing over you to ensure that you are working safely with an industrial sized mincing machine, then perhaps life is not for you, unfortunately these people are breeding rather than being killed off

If as the government says "Speed Kills" then why do they not make all the car manufacturers make slow cars?

I believe that folk today are so wrapped up in cotton wool, that they are so safe that life no longer is interesting or exciting. They are born grow up get a job, house car and kids, retire and die... so they have to relieve their frustrations some how.. the result is what we see today.

I used to work like mad, keeping everyone happy, eat on the run, no social life, no time to look around and despite this, got nowhere.. So I'm afraid that I have rebelled. I do what I wish, when I wish and always question what folk mean when they say I must do something... The rules that have made everyone safe have also made the autorities powerless

monkey spanners
05-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi Yinmorrison,

I do get to feel like that after watching the news or reading a paper, but i think that relying on these as indicators of society will give a false view of how things truely are.
There have been and sadly likely always will be elements in any society which due to their warped view of reality or possible some mental deficiency will treat others badly, stealing, exploiting, murdering and such. This does not mean that everybody is like this.

There is not a person alive today who would be here without the kindness of others. From the moment we are born we depend on our parents and the doctors and nurses at the hospital, in our early years teachers give us the means to earn a living in later life, if for some reason we are unable to work we are housed and given enough money to provide for food and clothes etc. When we grow old and are no longer able to look after ourselves we are cared for till our death.

The very fact that you feel moved when confronted with tales of bad things happening shows our true human nature, that we do care, not just for friends and family but for all peoples

I'm not saying that the world is perfect, its far from it, but its not as bad as the media like to make out.
Ultimatly our world is made by the peolpe in it, its up to us to steer it in the direction we want it to take.

There are over six billion of us on the planet now, if you met a new person every second it would take you over two hundred years to meet everyone who is alive now! If every one of those people was just a little bit nicer today, a bit more polite, took the time to connect with the person at the checkout for instance (can you name the last shop assistant you bought from? yet they all have name badges!) we would be well on our way to a better world.

Ofcourse we can't make everyone be nicer, better people, but we can try to be ourselves, to set an example and this is what i'm doing.

Jon

yinmorrison
06-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Good to see there are some who still care and actually you are all right especially setting examples and keeping your Integrity high. Hope there are some more opinions out there! Especially after reading about the poor French lads. As for the Media I was acually thinking of not reading or watching the news because they do tend to put too much spin on matters.
I haven't heard mention recently of the fall in the FTSE 100 on the news, are they deliberately playing this one down?