PDA

View Full Version : looking for some advice

Mr JamCoool
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I would like to know if I can convert a chill room to a cold room without changing any of the evap. or shutting down the systems. It is Hussaman rack system.

BUSHY
04-07-2008, 11:58 PM
should not be a problem just fit a epr into suction line of room

round_the_rack
16-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Just to be clear, do you mean to convert from low temp (freezer) to medium temp (cooler)? Or vice versa?

An epr will allow you to run a medium temp circuit from a low temp rack, but not vice versa.

abet_meneses
16-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Right,if you convert a chiller room to say freezer room,comes many factor to consider.
1.Panel Insulation.
2.Product Load.
3.Required Temp.
After computing the above factors, you may now arrive at the required capacity.Existing equipment capacity should now be checked if it matched based on the converted refrigeration load.

abet

Grizzly
16-07-2008, 05:50 PM
I would like to know if I can convert a chill room to a cold room without changing any of the evap. or shutting down the systems. It is Hussaman rack system.

Mr JamCoool.

One thing many people forget is, that even if your equipment has sufficient spare duty.
To run at the lower temperatures and pressures.
The fabric of the chamber or more importantly the floor is unlikely to be insulated sufficiently.

Without the proper insulated floor, you will be using huge amounts of energy to freeze the floor.
Which as a result may well crackup and suffer from frost heave.
WORTH LOOKING AT! Prior to spending out on equipment conversions.
Cheers Grizzly.

chemi-cool
16-07-2008, 06:32 PM
No can do.

The fins on the evaporator are designed for +C°, you will need some kind of defrost for a freezer.
Cold room controller doe's not "know" how to control a freezer, new wiring and piping is required.

As Grizzly have said, the insulation is not sufficient, heating around the door, air pressure relief valve.

To make a long story short, you cant.

chillin out
16-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I would say that you can.
A chill room and a cold room is the same thing.

You need to be more specific.

Chillin:):)

chemi-cool
16-07-2008, 07:49 PM
In this case just set the temp a few ° lower.