PDA

View Full Version : Invertor Cooling

bernard
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi

Everyone seems to be fitting invertors to condenser motors which is ok ,the problem I,m finding is they fit this nice invertor with a built in cooling fan then seal it in a air tight panel so it re-circulates the air.Some are fitting a back up pressure switch so when the invertor overheats and fails the pressure switch cuts in and runs the fans as normal however some are not so the pack crashes,then I drive 200 mile round trip.Which really defeats the purpose.Is this green attitude really working....

Regards Bernard

US Iceman
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Is this green attitude really working....

It's not the attitude that is the problem, it's the lack of foresight on the people engineering the installations. Inverters generate heat, so to put these in a cabinet/panel without adequate/no cooling is just crazy...

icecube51
02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
if you refer to the green paper you get after the job is done, its worded;).

but there's more to it, the make nice machines like you mentioned,and then some cowboy come fouling around, set the switch or jumper on manual so it don't return to inverter so it become a simpel on/off. and then he claims to be a good technician, because when he left , its working.:o

Ice

Chunk
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Bernard

You are not the only one,i`ve managed to break two in one store already.We have had some fitted to xl and screw packs at JS and when the condenser fans are switched off they sometimes spike the inverters which is good fun.

As you say,they are fitted in sealed boxes and expected to work.We have had the people back to fit larger panel cooling fans in,so we will see if they help.

The other thing we had was these inverters fitted to supply fans on packaged H&V units,so when on heating these inverters are now inside a box thats getting up to +50 oc.Wonderful ideas some people have!!:confused: