PDA

View Full Version : Superheat calculation

aashvac/r
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi all
I want to know How to calculate total superheat or compressor superheat carefully?

Toosh
02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi all
I want to know How to calculate total superheat or compressor superheat carefully?

Hi have you tried a search on this site there are umpteen threads on this subject. If you can`t find it try a Google search on superheat.

Regards Norm

TRASH101
02-07-2008, 09:19 AM
same as you would for the evap.

comp - measure suction temp (not too close to the comp) then your hot gas temp (again not too close to the comp)

total - liquid temp before expansion device and hot gas temp.

Accuracy is dependant on your tools and state/stability of the system.

If you use press v temp then total sh can be obtained from just hot gas.

Nike found a good article and posted it recently check it out:)

P.S. by hot gas I mean discharge not just from hot gas injection.

icecube51
02-07-2008, 08:55 PM
maybe the question schould be " do we have the correct superheat??":rolleyes:
if a device is designd for a superheat of 10C° , and we let it work on 6C°,than we do not have the correct superheat. the combination may look good to us,but is not working optimal.

how do we now if its working on the correct superheat??:confused:

Ice

Larry2
03-07-2008, 01:04 AM
I think the next question might be if the superheat is too low, is there enough margin for different operating conditions. To me, this is about expected equipment lifetime as much as it is about efficiency.

chemi-cool
03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Superheat is sensitive case.
It is changing all time and affected by many factors:
Heat load, air temp, ambient temp, situation of the coil [ clean or dirty], fans working or not etc. etc...

Superheat is something you set using pressures of the system, temperatures and most important >> experience.

GXMPLX
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi all

Check this thread:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13284

aashvac/r
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
hi guys
thanks a lot for your answers
i am reading the nike123 article.
best regards

Peter_1
05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
there are umpteen threads on this subject.

Hey, a never heard English word, umpteen. Had to look in my dictionary for this one.

Norm, what me may not forget about Google, not everybody has the access to Google in the world.
This is for us so common that we may think that the internet is freely available everywhere in the world.
But you were right about the RE search function: SH and SC was covered already umpteen :D times on this forum.

icecube51
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey Peter,

umpteen is something like " elvendertig" van bij ons :D

Ice

Peter_1
05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Another benefit of this forum: learning our English.
Read my article in the latest Cool&Comfort regarding soldering?