PDA

View Full Version : Chinese built split units

IanB
02-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Hi - I'm looking for the professionals' view on the large number of chinese-made split domestic units on the market today.

Are there more problems with these than Western made units? The price is very competitive, and this isn't always a sign of worse performance, is it?Thanks, Ian

icecube51
02-07-2008, 08:26 AM
hey M8,

compare appels whit appels, and you will see. japanese,chinese,eastern europe.they are all the same. quality vs price.;)

grtz, ice

paul_h
02-07-2008, 09:38 AM
What's a western made split? Most of the brands I service are made in china now anyway,eg fujitsu. The ones that aren't made in china are made in thailand, malaysia etc.
If you mean 100% chinese designed, most of them are rip offs of older japanese designed unit. They work, but are often noisy and dog ugly.

yangchenchen
03-07-2008, 05:02 AM
There are plenty of qualified HVAC engineers in China now , and they can design excellent units now.

Jadeair
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I've put in a few Gree air conditioning units and they seemed to be quite good.

But the other day got called to a guy's house who disconected his own a/c to relocate it, bought it at the local hardware store, guess what no gas left...After I told him that it was a $10,000 fine for letting the gas out.:(

I tried to re flare the pipe that came with the unit, but my flaring block wouldn't grip the 1/4" or 1/2" pipe. Even tried my back up flaring block. Odd size or water pipe not sure.

Anyway, had to repipe the whole job. Think it cost him twice as much as the a/c.

wigs
03-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Personally i hate the cheap Chinese equipment. if it is a name that not many pros have come across then best to avoid in my opinion as technical backup and spares are almost impossible. Most likely cheap means fixed speed compressors possibly R407c and low build quality. probably more expensive in the long term. when we come across this type of equipment that needs repairs I spend a long time looking for suppliers, sometimes with no luck and then the end user has to buy another system. I would always tell customers that I advise against it

Makanic
06-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Personally i hate the cheap Chinese equipment. if it is a name that not many pros have come across then best to avoid in my opinion as technical backup and spares are almost impossible. Most likely cheap means fixed speed compressors possibly R407c and low build quality. probably more expensive in the long term. when we come across this type of equipment that needs repairs I spend a long time looking for suppliers, sometimes with no luck and then the end user has to buy another system. I would always tell customers that I advise against it

:DI have to agea
Unless it one of the big china names ..AUX..GREE
or a well know local name, made in china as many are.
eg:Delonghi Kelvinator etc
keep well away..Cheap products, no back up service,no parts ...the only thing good abaout them is that you get to charge the customer to remove & refit & replace them with another unit;)