PDA

View Full Version : Possible Samsung Problem

airefresco
30-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Just been to a service call on Samsung wallmounted unit with dead condensate pump. While I was there the customer said that when they use the heating set to say 23ºC, the unit heats to about 21ºC and then switches off for a couple of minutes and then comes back on. Apparently, everytime the unit comes back on they get a couple of seconds of cool air before it starts to come through warm.

I´ve not done much on Samsung units so this might be completely normal, but should it not warm the coil up before starting? Also, should it not just slow the inverter down, instead of switching off completely? I can´t see it going onto defrost very often as it very rarely gets below 15ºC here.

I know some of you work on a lot of Samsung, so will know more about these systems than me.

The indoor unit model is SH09BWHA

superswill
30-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Just been to a service call on Samsung wallmounted unit with dead condensate pump. While I was there the customer said that when they use the heating set to say 23ºC, the unit heats to about 21ºC and then switches off for a couple of minutes and then comes back on. Apparently, everytime the unit comes back on they get a couple of seconds of cool air before it starts to come through warm.

I´ve not done much on Samsung units so this might be completely normal, but should it not warm the coil up before starting? Also, should it not just slow the inverter down, instead of switching off completely? I can´t see it going onto defrost very often as it very rarely gets below 15ºC here.

I know some of you work on a lot of Samsung, so will know more about these systems than me.

The indoor unit model is SH09BWHA

ok lets see if iam reading this right,the unit is set to HEAT 23 in sort if the room fails below 23 the system will heat until the room hits 23 again but its only getting to 21,ok 2 out ain't bad as its a wall mount after all and not a close control unit and the room sensors on these can often be trapped behind the case during wiring so id check that first off,from memory it sits in a holder behind the filter on the top right of the unit,again from memory the indoor fan on heating mode wont cut in unit the coil temp is 35 so check the coil sensor,

see the link for the service manual

https://download.yousendit.com/D8A90BE441757544

airefresco
30-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, that´s exactly right.

The sensor, was in the right place. I had to remove it and put it back it´s little holder thing when I put the cover on. The coil sensor, I noticed there was a sensor right on the bottom run the coil, but i´ll check that. To be honest I didn´t check the unit properly, I was in and out in 10 minutes. I only went for the pump issue and they mentioned this issue as I was leaving.

Thanks for the manual. I´ll look through that now

airefresco
02-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok I´ve checked the unit properly now and the customer is right. I turned unit on in heating and set the setpoint as high as it would go (32ºc It think). The unit did nothing for a couple of minutes and then the indoor fan started in low low speed, then after maybe 10 seconds switched to low speed and 1 or 2 seconds later the fan compressor and outdoor fan started and the indoor fan switched to high speed.

I checked the resistance of the thermistors and they were all correct, so the sensors seem OK. The temp at the coil with the unit switched off was 25ºC, so the fan shouldn´t have started to run unit the coil got to 29ºC. Apparently the unit in the living room (same unit but a 12) does exactly the same thing.

superswill
02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok I´ve checked the unit properly now and the customer is right. I turned unit on in heating and set the setpoint as high as it would go (32ºc It think). The unit did nothing for a couple of minutes and then the indoor fan started in low low speed, then after maybe 10 seconds switched to low speed and 1 or 2 seconds later the fan compressor and outdoor fan started and the indoor fan switched to high speed.

I checked the resistance of the thermistors and they were all correct, so the sensors seem OK. The temp at the coil with the unit switched off was 25ºC, so the fan shouldn´t have started to run unit the coil got to 29ºC. Apparently the unit in the living room (same unit but a 12) does exactly the same thing.

ok,where did you get the 29c from?

airefresco
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry meant 28ºC. It says in that manual that you posted that a coil temp of below 28ºC the fan should be off.

superswill
02-07-2008, 11:43 PM
ok,re input the opion code from the manual but i cant but help think its a sensor

airefresco
03-07-2008, 12:24 AM
I would´ve gone the sensor too, but like I said I checked the resistance and they were .2K within what the manual says. Allowing for difference in my thermometer and multimeter leads and stuff I would say they seem OK.

I´ll try resetting the option code,. see if that makes a difference.

airefresco
28-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Another Samsung fault - not worthy of a new thread

Installed a Samsung SH09BWHAX. When I came to turn the unit on for the first time, it went straight into fault (outdoor fault), checked at the outdoor and the code was for outdoor temp fault. Tried to find the sensor and found that the cable had been cut and twisted together, no sign of the sensor anywhere. So I definitely need a new sensor, but I also noticed that the PCB had SH12BWH VER 1.21 printed on it. Is this the wrong PCB too?

I find it very hard to believe that Samsung have shipped a unit out like this, but it was still in the box with the bands still intact.