PDA

View Full Version : bottle fridge

coffeebreak
30-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I have been asked to look at a bottle fridge, not something I am familiar with. Its running at 17 deg.C at the moment.
Have cleaned all the usual muck out including a few pound coins from under the fridge (a nice bonus),fans all o.k. and condenser clean. Gauges are only showing 2 or 3 p.s.i. so it needs a top up.
My question is....what pressure temp. should I be aiming for? Its using R134a.

wandowski
30-06-2008, 07:18 PM
if the system has a data plate you could reclaim,pressure test to find leak,vacuum test and weight the r134a in,pressure reading should be around 16psi when fridge at 4 roughtly

Andy AC
30-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Has the fridge circuit been worked on in the past? - does it look original or has it had a new filter, charging ports etc.?
If its all original, its probably got a partial restriction so take the gas out, cut the pencil drier out and toss it away, blow capiliary through with nitrogen, put a real drier in , vac & recharge.
I very rarely come across low gas & on bottle coolers, it's nearly always restrictions, unless it an autonumis (leaky coils) or coolers with condenser coil mounted underneath
the cabinet - physical damage due to improper handling.

Andy

coffeebreak
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
The fridge looks original,it has a charging stub attached, but so has the other fridge I looked at,so think these are fitted as original.Condenser is below the unit (make if I recall is refrico).Got some gas in it and now running at 7deg. Loaded up with bottles and temp. obviously went throught the roof am going back tomorrow to check it out. Why do the fridges get so many restrictions?