PDA

View Full Version : Toshba Powered KFR-66GW

IanB
30-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi - can someone help me?

I'm a qualified engineer but new to refrigeration, and have fitted a toshiba powered heat pump KFR-66GW to domestic rooms (2) After 20 minutes, fault code E5 appears and external unti switches off.
There is still a problem with drainage from internal unit caused by pipe runs. Could this cause E5 code?

philfridge
30-06-2008, 10:46 AM
You need to check operating pressures as it seems it could be cutting out on HP control switch see fault code below E5
IFACE
INV compressor
HP switch or klixon
Pd is < 363 psig

Davey 2 Pints
02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi

Ive come across these units more often recently, I think the majority are bought off ebay,they have a sticker on them that reads "powered by toshiba", after seeking support from tosh for the kit it turns out it is not toshiba manufactured equipment and they have no information on them, looking even deeper it turns out its a bit of clever wording on the stickers, they use a Toshiba compressor so powered by is correct.The kit is manufactured in china and is badged up by several manufactures such as Blue Crown and Space, this doesnt help with your fault code but you may have more success than me on finding fault code diagnosis.:confused:
E5 fault diagnosis from philfridge is for the toshiba manufactured equipment so would suspect is not relevant

paddyaircon
18-08-2009, 09:13 PM
have you any pics of the kit?

Brian_UK
18-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Doing a Google on that model number brings up a range of differently badged units.

Some Toshiba, some Toshiba powered etc.

Original made in China, you need to go back to your supplier and instead on a proper O+M Manual as required by law.