PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RL36 goes off right temp' but stays off !

madfriday
29-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Hello All,
I have a lady customer with a Samsung RL36 EBNS (Upright fridge-freezer) which when it's left to it's own devices tends to go off and stay off ??
I have done all the usual checks and it all seams fine. It has a digital display which appears to read normally(No fault codes up)
The cabinet runs to nice temperatures (ref+2'C /frz-22'C) and doesn't take to long doing it.
It is only 2 years old.
Got me baffled....
Wondered if anyone had any ideas :)

HECOMAN
30-06-2008, 05:12 AM
may be something influence the temperature sensor.
or the unit runing in some mode.

tonto33
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
have u checked the baffle or the defrost heater the defrost sensor also affects these

madfriday
01-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi Thanks to Hecoman & Tonto33 for the replies -
I don't think it is running in a 'mode' it has been switched on/off numerous times while checking over and that usually resets them back to standard mode...
The rotating baffle spins freely & stops in correct 'shut' position when fridge hits right temp.
I guess if a defrost heater had failed we'd have an ice-berg in there?!
If a defrost (or other) sensor had failed surely there would be a fault code on the display?

Samsung have got me beat again.....bless 'em :-0

paul_h
02-07-2008, 09:45 AM
No fault code and no icing up to me means either dodgey PCB or temp sensor.
If the sensors measure good by voltage across, I'd bet on a relay or PCB track faulty on the board.
It's only happened to me once before, but I had a fault on a PCB that sometimes when the compressor tried to start, it didn't get the right voltage though the relay.

The boards were often suspect. I never came across one on that model with a obvious PCB fault. But they handed them out in the defrost repair kit enough whenever they suspected the defrost not working, so maybe they had a record of playing up.

madfriday
04-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi Paul, Nice to hear from you again.
I do seam to get these awkward ones, don't I ?!
Going to make revisit on it tomorrow. Will double check sensors but suspect you're right about PCB....
regards - Andy