PDA

View Full Version : HOTPOINT FFP187B - Clicking

julieuk
29-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I hope someone in the know will be able to help me!

I've had the above fridge freezer for about 2 years now, and this problem has been on and off during the whole time, but has recently become much worse.

The light goes off and it starts clicking, like a loud clock. Sometimes it's a persistant click, other times it just clicks 3 times a minute. I've only just noticed that at the same time the clicking starts, the freezer seems to go into overdrive - ice cream is frozen solid! There is also ice/frost at the rear of the fridge compartment.

Does it need serious attention or would it be easier to replace?

tonto33
01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
need to check the defrost heater on it

matty161281
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
im having a similar problem with mine. its a persistant clicking when the door is closed but when you open the door its slows down abit but still clicks away. i know when you leave the door open for a while it clicks abit but this is happening when closed. ive switched it off and turned it on again which takes it away for awhile but then it starts back up again.

can anyone give a good description of what it may be as i dont wanna buy a new one if i dont have to as its not all that old. thanx.

and sorry for the highjack :)

amitsaxena
15-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Dear, Please check for following,

1. Fan may be hitting the shroud
2.Excess ice formation hence fan blade noise
3.Defrost problem

Hence the above noise can be either related to mechanically hitting of fan somewhere near by
or
Defrost not happening hence fan/ eva completely blocked by ice.

While opening as the fan is off hence no noise reported.

Thanks

Amit

matty161281
15-03-2009, 10:34 PM
well i checked for excess frost by removing cover inside the freezer while it was still plugged in and now it makes a god awful noise so i think the fan must be hitting something. now the problem is sorting that out. any ideas?

Electrocoolman
15-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Normal advice is to remove all produce, unplug and open doors and leave to defrost for 48hrs.
Only then can you be sure that ALL the ice has melted from airways and ducts.

This will remove ice, but not the cause of why it accumulated in the first place....ie the problem or fault.

amitsaxena
16-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Dear Try to remove the ice with drier and then plug in the ref w/o closing the freezer cover, you will surely come to from where the noise is coming if any.

Thanks