PDA

View Full Version : Thermo-King Latest

Latte
26-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Hello all,
Just been on the Thermo-king website & reading about the MD200, SB-210, SB-310 & SR-2.
All looks/Sounds good but when are we likely to see any his side of the pond. I see the wesite say's they SHOULD !!!! be available early 2004 does this mean MTK launching them at next March's CV Show. Anyone out there actually seen any, whats new on them or just modified versions of SMX/SL designs.

chemi-cool
26-11-2003, 09:35 PM
if you have back probems, get uot and buy MSM 1000mg and take up to 5 a day.
not too expensive - will do miracles to your body.
I use it for years and i still take on my shoulder and up the ladder those outside splits units.
give it a try you wont regret it.

chemi

Reeferjon
03-12-2003, 07:50 PM
That will teach you to bench press with 05G's.
Hmm, Video's on this side of the Atlantic, I wonder????

Latte
03-12-2003, 08:09 PM
05G's Quality, Didn't very often had to take them out.
occasionally when a shaft seal when but even then not often.

X430's - well there's another story. Forever taking these out to do shaft seals, clutches, belts ect. I must admit the carrier design of taking the clutch off the engine was a lot easier to change compressor belts, especially when working off a ladder.

Also i seem to remember when the new shaft seals first come out we were changing then all the time until someone at MARSHALLS told us they so leak a little to start with.

Any news yet on the CV show.

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
04-12-2003, 09:30 AM
No news as yet I will post as soon as.
The X series SS do leak oil and are only concidered attempting to make a good seal after 500 hours, TK have said that a certain amount of oil will pass!
For belt changes the only unit worth working on was the SB series with a pair of unloader bolts (remember unloaders).
New MD series is available here now and has the same foot-prints.
The new SRII I guess will be launched at CV or 'when its ready'.

Latte
04-12-2003, 09:52 AM
SBII/SBIII Belts - yes i remember them well.
Not too bad, although you did always need to cary a big bar to lever the tensioner pulley.
I could never work out this ss leaking a certain amount of oil.
Surly if oil could leak then gas must be able to escape.
The SBII certainly had th better layout of the electric motor than the SBI & SMX/SL's. I forg
i forget how many sumps i had to change on SMX's

Regards

Raymond

Latte
06-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Hello Reeferjon/MRW,
I see that Thermo-king are now showing on their website that they are planning o do somehing at the CV show in march.

Whats happening with the scroll compressors, i seemed to remember that TK were beginging to introduce them a couple of years ago but i see the new MD200's still come with the X214.
Have TK given up with them or are they still on special units.

Reeferjon
08-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Ahha you spotted it.........................
The MD is a rebadge (o), still same 2 pot, new deeper sump control etc etc.
As for scroll they are still producing TS range see new TS Spectrum multi-temp nice bit kit.

The X4## series actualy has more capacity than the scroll used in the states side SB## etc. It seems that the scroll in trailer form is waisted over here.

Latte
12-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Hello Reeferjon,
Just been on TK website, the TS with the 6.0 scroll certainly show (on paper anyway) good results. I see they are pushing the Spectrum controller ? Whats that then, is it un updated version of the SR.
CO2 Hybrid systems appear to look very good, are there many over here & if so how do they do in the real world.
I see they are also pushing bus/coach a/c. Does anyone fit them over hear, certainly i have never heard MRW say anything about them. He is probably too busy playing with his Lear jets at the airport. I would like to see one being installed or have a close look at one but have never seen one in at Cambridge, and i have to admit (To my peril) have been in there quite a few times on courses ect.

Regards

Raymond

nova
14-06-2004, 07:27 PM
CO2 Hybrid systems appear to look very good, are there many over here & if so how do they do in the real world.
Regards
Raymond

Hi
Don't have any experience of Hybrids, but we have 8 ST-CR MT 300's (multi temps with cb+cb evaps) and their capacity is something we've never seen. It took 22 minutes to pull down a truck (7.5 meter body) from +25 C to -20 C. IIRC the total capacity at -20 C is 9700W + 9700W = 19.4 kW.
Units has been working very well considering these 8 were TK's very first production MT's.

There's been lots of interest for the units, but we have only 1 co2 fill station (for this pilot phase). As we get more fill stations I'm sure we'll see more co2 units especially in city centers. Units are really silent, the biggest noise comes from evaporator fans, which can be heard from outside if you're listening very hard :)

-nova

nova
14-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Oh, just noticed this thread is ooooold!!!
Pretty quiet here,eh? :)

Latte
14-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I am sure reeferjon & MRW will try and tell you they are busy at the moment :D although the ambient did hit 26 again today.

Any word on the hybreds over here yet John.

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
15-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Oh yes, yes, yes, err yes.

UK? Hybrids?, what new tech- here?.
Hhmm, will wait and see.
Ray.. do you need a Job?
:p

Latte
15-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi John,
I am always looking, why what have you got :D

Handed notice in on Sunday for present job, still waiting for MRW to come up with the goods. Like the idea of being a trainer though :D

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
17-06-2004, 11:53 AM
double RATFLMFAO
MRW should be able to find you a job easy.

Latte
17-06-2004, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Reeferjon]double RATFLMFAO

John,
I think the job is getting to you :D

Regards

Raymond

frank
17-06-2004, 07:15 PM
double RATFLMFAO

I expect the explation for this will cause Webrams expletive software to throw up a few ******* :D

Reeferjon
22-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Twas a loooooong week, last course of the season, Computer and datalogger..... as I said a long week.

xihan
17-12-2009, 01:47 AM
SBII/SBIII Belts - yes i remember them well.
Not too bad, although you did always need to cary a big bar to lever the tensioner pulley.
I could never work out this ss leaking a certain amount of oil.
Surly if oil could leak then gas must be able to escape.
The SBII certainly had th better layout of the electric motor than the SBI & SMX/SL's. I forg
i forget how many sumps i had to change on SMX's

Regards

Raymond

This is Xihan, do you know the pins configuration for a multi-temp cab controler 45-1866, it has 6pins and so far I know that pin 5 is not use, I need to turn it on, can you help me ? what ate the pins to apply the voltage?

my emails is jm.shamus@yahoo.com

thanks , I really apprecciate.