PDA

View Full Version : question on qualitair

mcunliffe4
27-06-2008, 10:40 PM
went to look at a qualitair cellar cooler plant. fault found with cond fan motor causing comp to cut out on overload. No model No or serial on condenser unit housing. Looked on wiring diagram which says Fan motor Q090. The motor is single phase LEMAC 120watt PSC type ( 54543-310 ). I would be very grateful if somebody has a number for Qualitair in the UK. It is quite old equipment R22 charge. The motor as a orange circular molded blade. Any help would be much appreciated.

monkey spanners
28-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi Mcunliffe,

I think those units had a smaller motor when new with a 5/16" shaft. The blade has a half inch hole and there is a bush that goes in to make up the difference. The fan pushes the air through the condenser rather than pulling as is more common.

SRW list a 35W motor for qualitair/marstair units its a four bolt rear mount motor.

If the motor you have is cradle mounted and a 1/2" shaft it sounds like somone has fitted a prestcold style motor. SRW also sell these though they are also available from RPW and Climate centre.

You may be better fitting another one like this if the original motor bracket and fan blade bush is missing.

Or i could be completely wrong:D

I usually take the duff motor and blade to the wholesalers so that i can be sure getting the right part before returning to site, learnt this the hard way:confused:

Jon

mcunliffe4
29-06-2008, 03:16 PM
thanx mate, think ill take motor with me to wholesale

frank
29-06-2008, 03:47 PM
What was said +

Check the rotation of the motor, as I've had replacements supplied, only to find that they supplied a clockwise rotation instead of a counter clockwise rotation.

Just might save you some frustration later on :D