PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the system after compressor burnout

fdhealy
25-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Do you need to remove and change the gad after a compressor burn out. The oil in the compressor passed a acid test.

GXMPLX
25-06-2008, 10:43 PM
"Gad" I donīt know.

As for the refrigerant yes I would, just for supersticious behaviour.

I definitely would recover it and clean the system thoroughly. Having clean oil does not mean you have a clean high side! At least from compressor to the filter dryer.

Only if the refrigerant passed a composition test I would think in reusing it.

Not having acidity in the oil may mean that the test failed or the burnout was so fast that crankcase oil was not that much affected. With open compressors this would be nonsense.

Anyway a change in compressor will change this oil.

nike123
25-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Do you need to remove and change the gad after a compressor burn out. The oil in the compressor passed a acid test.

gad:D (http://www.eudict.com/?lang=croeng&word=gad&go=Search)

As service manager you should know answer to this question!;)

You should recover refrigerant thru burn-out filter and then recharge it again thru burn-out filter, and it should be OK.

Could be some concern about non-condensables in refrigerant.

Of course, don't forget to put burn-out filter in liquid line and replace it after few hours of operation, with normal filter drier, if pressure drop at burn-out filter is OK. Also you should fit temporary suction line burn-out filter.
Check this Copeland AE bulletin (http://www.hvacrinfo.com/cope_ae_bulletins/TAE1105.PDF)on Powell (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?u=16424) site for detailed procedure.

Orlando
26-06-2008, 01:04 AM
i'm back would you please post more articles I had my refs compressor change ( no burned out but it doesn't give the maximun coolness must I charge it with more *****

Brian_UK
26-06-2008, 11:00 PM
i'm back would you please post more articles I had my refs compressor change ( no burned out but it doesn't give the maximun coolness must I charge it with more *****A year since your last post and this time with a confusing question, I think :(

ejonesss
17-11-2010, 08:20 PM
@GXMPLX fdhealy typo'd it is gas the s and d are next to each other .

and yes you would need to change the charge and flush the system otherwise you will ruin your new compressor.

i am not sure if a recycler can clean the charge after a burn out or if they have to dispose of it.

Brian_UK
17-11-2010, 10:25 PM
^^ Two year old thread and OP wasn't polite enough to respond.

Fri3Oil System
18-11-2010, 07:30 AM
and yes you would need to change the charge and flush the system otherwise you will ruin your new compressor.

i am not sure if a recycler can clean the charge after a burn out or if they have to dispose of it.

Any installer can clean the gas after a burn out if he has the correct method. So, he still can use the same amount of refrigerant after the cleaning process.

Regards,

Nando.

kaelte_technik
18-11-2010, 10:42 AM
hello orlando, a lot of problem that can be associated to your inquiry, to begin with, is the compressor that was installed have the correct capacity to reject heat from its load?

nike123
18-11-2010, 11:43 PM
hello orlando, a lot of problem that can be associated to your inquiry, to begin with, is the compressor that was installed have the correct capacity to reject heat from its load?

I would say that rejecting heat is task of condenser. Compressor has task to pump refrigerant in sufficient amount that evaporator is utilized as constructor of system intentioned.

kaelte_technik
19-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Yes nike 123, what I meant is the capacity of the system itself to do this work which includes the comp and condenser. My apology for the wrong use of word.