PDA

View Full Version : Foster defrost cabinet

Andy AC
23-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Hello guys, tomorrow I am going to fit a new compressor to a prehistoric foster Nrt 150. Having never worked on a defrost cabinet before, I was wondering is there anything else I should watch out for or do you just treat it like a normal fridge. Presumably it just blasts the food with hot air, then keeps the temp down with the fridge side. If its more complicated than that, please let me know.

Andy

Brian_UK
23-06-2008, 11:15 PM
The only thing I found on a Google were the words 16h to -4C which doesn't really help too much.

But, perhaps it is supposed to bring it up from deep frozen to just frozen ????

Good luck with it, why not ask the guy who works it? He may not bite your head off ;)

philfridge
24-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Andy they do not blast with hot air. They recirculate the air with high power fans to defrost the product . then when the temperature rises the fridge part of the system keeps the temperature from rising above storage temperature .:)

Andy AC
24-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that guys. I fitted the compressor earlier today, all seemed to go well. I've got a door seal to fit later when foster feel like delivering it, so I'll be able to see the thing run properly with a load in it.

Andy