PDA

View Full Version : what instrument???

iceman3000
22-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi

What instrument would u use to measure after installing a new crankshaft to a compressor???

Brian_UK
22-06-2008, 11:19 PM
What is it that you are trying to measure ?

iceman3000
22-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Hi brian..

Its actually a question from college work..its says..assuming the compressor needs to be rebuilt-after installing a new crankshaft what measurement would you take before proceeding any further...it then asks what instrument would u use to measure this???

Any guesses???

broon
22-06-2008, 11:29 PM
am jealous on 2 counts.
1st- there were no college courses to do when i served my time
2nd- if there had been there wouldnt have been the internet to do cheatin on! :-D

dont you take notes or get some instruction before they ask you questions like this?

nike123
22-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Hi

What instrument would u use to measure after installing a new crankshaft to a compressor???

I would measure that current draw is not excessive.
That mean I would use Ampere meter.

Brian_UK
22-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Sorry, the question is still a little open-ended.

Is the compressor fully rebuilt and connected, regassed etc or are we still at the stage of fitting the crankshaft ?

The amperage check is good as above.

If still being assembled then a dial test indicator to check the shaft is square, micrometers, feeler gauges, all sorts of things....

Electrocoolman
22-06-2008, 11:55 PM
How about end float?

Pooh
23-06-2008, 01:23 AM
It all depends on what sort of compressor it is. the main checks I would do are for end float (dial gauge), shaft allignment (dial gauge), journal size ( micrometer or vernier). But looking at the question again I would go for the end float measurement with a dial gauge or DTI if that is what you know it as.

Ian