PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom Uk Users

superswill
21-06-2008, 01:30 PM
i may be the last one to have this but, I found a free database of all the big ac/refrigeration wholesalers available to download free onto your tom tom via the "add POI" section when using the tom tom with the tomtom home software

may help someone

taz24
21-06-2008, 01:35 PM
i may be the last one to have this but, I found a free database of all the big ac/refrigeration wholesalers available to download free onto your tom tom via the "add POI" section when using the tom tom with the tomtom home software

may help someone

Nice one.
You are not the last one to know.
I did not know untill now so you were second to last:).

Cheers taz.

frank
21-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Don't keep it a secret then ;)

Where's the link????

superswill
21-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Don't keep it a secret then ;)

Where's the link????

frank,

the link is from the tomtom home software not the net,connect the tomtom via the USB to your computer,open tomtom home and go to add POI's search the database and you will find a free POI called air con and refrigeration,upload it to your tomtom and you are away

tyomtom home link if you dont have it:

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

Brian_UK
21-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Me, me , me, can I have one too ? ;)

Now I've got to unplug the thing out of the van and bring indoors, .......

marc5180
23-06-2008, 09:33 PM
You shouldn't leave it in your van Brian, you wont be happy when its been stolen:eek:

Brian_UK
23-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Only overnight outside my house Marc, we don't have those evil little sh!tes around here, I'm glad to say.

superswill
24-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Only overnight outside my house Marc, we don't have those evil little sh!tes around here, I'm glad to say.

do you have a spare room brian? ive had two go,thankfully not from outside my house but on sites

Brian_UK
08-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Just an update to this thread...

You can also get POI for ...

Parts Center and Plumb Center

Another useful one is for the Diner vans in Devon and Cornwall.

Grizzly
09-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Just an update to this thread...

You can also get POI for ...

Parts Center and Plumb Center

Another useful one is for the Diner vans in Devon and Cornwall.

Is that on your way to the regional office then Brian?
Or is Devon and Cornwall part of your patch?
Incidentally we must be common down ere!
We call em Burger Vans!
Grizzly;)

Brian_UK
10-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Haven't actually checked the van sites yet and yes you are quite correct - for diner read burger. I was only going by the title of the file.

Brixham is my normal limit going west or perhaps Bow, past Crediton.

You need to know the location of these vans so that driving breaks can be taken in sensible places. No point in sitting in a empty lay by ;)

Sparks7788
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Another good site for speed cameras and free pois for various satnavs is this one pocketgpsworld dot com
you just need to register for the poi's the cameras cost,dont forget that too many poi's in your satnav can cause it to lock up because of lack of memory.