PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Unit Not Running

JAMES.MACKENZIE
20-06-2008, 08:55 PM
WE HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED SOME DAIKIN SPLIT SYSTEMS with r410aON RUNNING THE SYSTEM THERE WAS NO LEAKS AND THE FLARES WERE VERY TIGHT CHECKED FOR LEAKS BEFORE REPLACING COVER HAD BEEN ON FOR AT LEAST AN HOURWENT BACK A WEEK LATER THE UNIT HAD STOPPED RUNNING I THINK THERE IS A LACK OF REFRIGERANT.WE CHECKED THE FLARE CONNECTIONS AND WAS ABLE TO TURN IT A COUPLE MORE TURNSTHE INSTALLATION IS NEXT TO THE RAILWAY LINE AND THINK IT COULD BE VIBRATIONS. IS THEIR AN ANTI VIBRATION SEAL FOR THE FLares it seems to be on the 5/8 connections only.

Brian_UK
20-06-2008, 09:36 PM
WE HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED SOME DAIKIN SPLIT SYSTEMS with r410aON RUNNING THE SYSTEM THERE WAS NO LEAKS AND THE FLARES WERE VERY TIGHT CHECKED FOR LEAKS BEFORE REPLACING COVER HAD BEEN ON FOR AT LEAST AN HOURWENT BACK A WEEK LATER THE UNIT HAD STOPPED RUNNING I THINK THERE IS A LACK OF REFRIGERANT.WE CHECKED THE FLARE CONNECTIONS AND WAS ABLE TO TURN IT A COUPLE MORE TURNSTHE INSTALLATION IS NEXT TO THE RAILWAY LINE AND THINK IT COULD BE VIBRATIONS. IS THEIR AN ANTI VIBRATION SEAL FOR THE FLares it seems to be on the 5/8 connections only.
Or, in easy to read format----

We have recently installed some Daikin split systems with r410a.

On running the system there was no leaks and the flares were very tight; checked for leaks before replacing cover had been on for at least an hour.

Went back a week later the unit had stopped running I think there is a lack of refrigerant. We checked the flare connections and were able to turn it a couple more turns the installation is next to the railway line and think it could be vibrations.

Is their an anti vibration seal for the flares it seems to be on the 5/8 connections only
First question - Was this installed by a trained installer?

Second question - What were your test pressures and durations for strength and leak tests?

Third question - How do you kow that there is a shortage of refrigerant ?

Comment - If your flare nuts were torqued up as they should have been then there is no way that a passing train is going to undo them.

Chunk
20-06-2008, 09:42 PM
This isnt actually fitted to a train,is it?:D

I`ve never heard of a flare nut being undone by a passing train,but then again i havnt heard of a anti vibration seal for a flare nut either.

We live and learn.

Contactor
20-06-2008, 09:44 PM
What type of trains are they?

JAMES.MACKENZIE
20-06-2008, 10:17 PM
What type of trains are they?

THE UNITS ARE ON LINESIDE BUILDING 3-5M AWAY FROM RUNNING LINE AT A LINE SPEED OF 125MPH

JAMES.MACKENZIE
20-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Or, in easy to read format----

First question - Was this installed by a trained installer?

Second question - What were your test pressures and durations for strength and leak tests?

Third question - How do you kow that there is a shortage of refrigerant ?

Comment - If your flare nuts were torqued up as they should have been then there is no way that a passing train is going to undo them.

THE TRAIN IS TRAVELLING AT 125MPH AND THE NUTS WERE TIGHTENED WITH TWO MEN WITH ADJUSTABLE SPANNERS

sinewave
21-06-2008, 08:48 AM
THE TRAIN IS TRAVELLING AT 125MPH AND THE NUTS WERE TIGHTENED WITH TWO MEN WITH ADJUSTABLE SPANNERS

You haven't actualy answered the pevious questions yet? :(

Two men with adjustable spanners is not quite the same as One man with one adjustable spanner and a Torque wrench set at around 75 ftLbs is it?

:confused:

sinewave
21-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh, BTW we installed a split sys in a railtrack relay room a while back and that units condensor was mounted right by the track and that aint leaked! :D

Yet! :eek:

frank
22-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Just recharge it and then get the trains to STOP running :p:D - works every time!

Contactor
22-06-2008, 08:58 PM
try painting it a different colour, I had a similar problem on the Tokyo bullett train...works a treat....

Makanic
28-06-2008, 01:43 PM

So what you are saying is that the 2 Men with ajustable spanners had to work fast because the train was going to run them over? & thats why they done a doggy job & the unit leaked?
I think theres lots of these guys out there as i seem to be fixing Plenty of R410a Leaks...

Karl Hofmann
28-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Two men with adjustable spanners??? How big are the ****ing spanners???:eek:

Tight and railway tight are two different things.. Railway tight is so tight that the only way to undo them is with a cutting torch and everything is twisted and distorted.

I suspect that you haven't installed them right and you are not qualified to have done the job.. If the refrigerant escaped, then they were not gas tight and they weren't checked for tightness.

Get a qualified ac engineer out to put your mess right and stick to playing with big bits of metal :rolleyes:

Karl Hofmann
28-06-2008, 04:04 PM

Trying to tighten nuts on a trackside cabin whilst leaning out of the window of a train traveling at 125mph MUST contravene even my understanding of health and safety :eek:... So one guy was holding the spanners and the other holding on to his ankles????... I hope that they were wearing their bump caps and orange hi vis vests :D