PDA

View Full Version : Samsung AQV09JA Miss Matched Capacity Error

jzoomer
20-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I installed a Samsung AQV09JA unit in a small office which function nicely except there was a small leak that escaped initial detection. With leak fixed, I was checking the refrigerant pressure when the compressor shut off. The error code indicated "Capacity Miss Matched." According to the Samsung documentation, the option codes are no longer correct on the indoor unit.

My questions are:
1. How did it loose the option codes or is the service manual wrong?

2. The procedure in the manual for option codes only covers 10 digits but the manual says you must enter 12. SEG11 and SEG12 cannot be entered the same way as the previous 10 digits because you can't enter SEG11 in the "normal" spot.

Any help here?

Thanks

superswill
20-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I installed a Samsung AQV09JA unit in a small office which function nicely except there was a small leak that escaped initial detection. With leak fixed, I was checking the refrigerant pressure when the compressor shut off. The error code indicated "Capacity Miss Matched." According to the Samsung documentation, the option codes are no longer correct on the indoor unit.

My questions are:
1. How did it loose the option codes or is the service manual wrong?

2. The procedure in the manual for option codes only covers 10 digits but the manual says you must enter 12. SEG11 and SEG12 cannot be entered the same way as the previous 10 digits because you can't enter SEG11 in the "normal" spot.

Any help here?

Thanks

can you upload a pic of the system as the model given does not ring any bells for me

jzoomer
20-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Here is the front page of the service manual which has a picture of the system

jzoomer
21-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay, so based on the Samsung option code thread, it looks like I lost the option code when I turned power on and off so that I could put the unit in test mode.

Right now the indoor unit is flashy the error code to check the outdoor unit which indicates miss matched capacity. It seems as long as the indoor unit is flashing the fault indicator, it will not accept any attempts to reprogram the option code - a real engineering marvel.

How do I get the indoor unit to receive the option codes? Do I have to send the board with the EPROM back to the factory to have them reprogram it?

What is also amazing is that you can't put the outdoor unit in test mode during this condition for lockdown mode to send it back.

Any help here?

superswill
21-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, so based on the Samsung option code thread, it looks like I lost the option code when I turned power on and off so that I could put the unit in test mode.

Right now the indoor unit is flashy the error code to check the outdoor unit which indicates miss matched capacity. It seems as long as the indoor unit is flashing the fault indicator, it will not accept any attempts to reprogram the option code - a real engineering marvel.

How do I get the indoor unit to receive the option codes? Do I have to send the board with the EPROM back to the factory to have them reprogram it?

What is also amazing is that you can't put the outdoor unit in test mode during this condition for lockdown mode to send it back.

Any help here?

it does sound like you have lost the opion code,very common with the wall mounts,but iam having a real problem finding the code as its not one we use in the UK or i have never come accross it,at best i can sent a few emails out for you

jzoomer
21-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I think it is worse than loosing the codes because it isn't flashing indicate an EPROM error but the wrong codes. Instead of wiping the EPROM, it got corrupted.

I have the codes. Unfortunately as long as the indoor unit is in an error reporting mode, it will not accept the codes. As mentioned before, the indoor unit is always indicating an outdoor unit fault and in a sense the outdoor unit is indicating an indoor unit problem (miss matched capacity). In a sense both units are pointing at each other in a deadlock situation.

Is there a way to reset the problem? I guess I could flicker the power to the unit and hope for the best. I really need a way to reset the unit.

The service manual (which I have), gives incorrect instructions on setting the option codes. The manual gives instructions for 10 SEG codes, the manual table has 12 SEG codes, and the remote is actually able to enter a 19 SEG code (first digit is always 0). You tell me which one is right!!!!

jzoomer
24-06-2008, 12:51 AM
I called Samsung technical support and they helped me solve the problem. The error was in the manual.

The actual code for my combination is 8c 77 77 F2 4c. Once I entered the correct code, the problem was solved.

Hope my struggles helped others.

superswill
24-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I called Samsung technical support and they helped me solve the problem. The error was in the manual.

The actual code for my combination is 8c 77 77 F2 4c. Once I entered the correct code, the problem was solved.

Hope my struggles helped others.

i shouldnt laugh but you have got to the funny side

calimanmancali
22-05-2010, 12:54 AM
''You save my life''
Thank you very much for the code,the manual is stupid.My a/c die for a year,do not know where to reach.thanks again.